While there is no specific product image size on the point of sale, CDS, and online ordering applications, we have some recommendations to make sure your images display as efficiently as possible. This is especially important if your establishment has hundreds of products and associated images.
Best practices for using and uploading product images
- 100x100 minimum, 500x500 maximum
- Square images are best, with rectangles being second best.
- The ideal resolution is 72 pixels per inch.
- When displaying an image on the CDS, use 100x100. When displaying an image on the POS with the description then 500x500 is best.
- When displaying a size chart, the ideal size is 500 x 400 or smaller to ensure readability and loading reliability.
Also keep in mind that when uploading an image via URL, the image is always uploaded from that URL before being displayed. If that image is replaced at the same URL, a new image will display. Likewise, if the image is taken down, then no image will display. We recommend uploading your images into the Revel product settings for best results.