Upsell Combos allow you to give customers the option to purchase a meal, or product add-ons, as part of their order. Upsell combos are predefined sets of products that can be offered with a base product. For instance, a customer buys a sandwich and then makes it a meal by adding a side and a drink. The price of the upsell combo is added to the price of the base product to reach the final price charged to the customer. Each product set in the upsell combo includes a default product as well as additional products which may be substituted for the default. For instance, the default could be a small soda, but the customer could elect to have a medium or large soda instead. If the substitution product is more expensive than the default product, the substitution product's combo upcharge will be added to the final price. Revel reports the savings involved in upsell combos as discounts against the base product.
Creating Upsell Combos
To create an upsell combo:
- In your Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), navigate to the Products tab and click Upsell Combos from the left side.
- In the Upsell Combos page, click + Upcharge Combo in the top right corner:
- In the Upsell Combo details, enter the name of the combo in the Name field. Enter the price in the Price field. The price is the amount added to the base product for the default items which you'll set up next. The price should NOT include the price for the base product:
- Next, enter the name of the first group of the combo in the Group 1 Defaults field, for example Soda Choice.
- Then, add the 1st default in the Group 1 Defaults, for example Small Soda.
- After that, click + Add Group:
- Enter the name of the 2nd group combo in the Group 2 Name field, for example Fries Choice.
- Then, add the 2nd default in Group 2 Defaults, for example Small Fries:
- Under the Upsell Details/ Combo Products Sorting/ Group 1 section, click the grey + Add Product text. Enter all size options for this group, including the default. For example, Small Soda, Medium Soda, and Large Soda.
- Under the Upsell Details/ Combo Products Sorting/ Group 2 section, click the grey + Add Product text. Enter all size options for this group, including the default. For example, Small Fries, Medium Fries, and Large Fries:
- After you have added all options as products to the combo, click Save in the top right corner.
Assigning Prices to Upsell Products
Once you have created your upsell combo and added products to it, the next step is to assign upsell prices to all products that are not listed as defaults. To do this:
- In the Management Console, navigate to your main Products tab. Click the pencil icon for the first non-default product:
- In the product details, scroll down to the Basic Product Details/ Pricing Options/ Combo Options section. In the Combo Upcharge field, enter the amount the customer will be charged for upgrading to this product. For example, if the Medium Soda will cost $1 more than the default Small Soda, enter 1 in this field:
- Click Save in the top right corner.
- Repeat this process for all remaining items EXCEPT the defaults.
Assigning a Base Product to the Combo
The last step of setting up your Upsell Combo is to attach the combo to a base product. For example, if your upsell combo contains a side and a drink, you need to attach the side and drink to a base product like an entree. To do this:
- In the Management Console, navigate to the Products tab. Locate the base product for the combo and click the pencil icon to the far right of the product:
- In the product details, scroll down to the Basic Product Details/ Pricing Options/ Combo Options section.
- Click the drop-down menu for Upsell Combo. Select your upsell combo from the available options:
- Click Save in the top right corner.