Upsell combos are options for customers to upgrade their single item to a combo, which includes additional items. For example if a customer purchases a cheese sandwich, the customer may upgrade it to a small, medium, or large combo which includes one side and drink for an additional fee.
This is different from modifiers as this rings up additional products that were created in the Management Console.
Available in version 1525.
Note: Upsell combos do not replace or substitute the initial product.
Before creating the upsell combo, each size needs to be a separate product. For example, small soda, medium soda, and large soda are separate products.
For this example, the following 3 Upsells are going to be created. Each upsell combo will have 2 slots: Sides and Drinks.
- Small Combo for $3: Sides include a small salad or small fries, additional $.50 for curly fries substitution. Drinks include a small soda, additional $0.75 for milk shake substitution.
- Medium Combo for $5: Sides include a medium salad or medium fries, additional $.50 for curly fries substitution. Drinks include a medium soda, additional $0.75 for milk shake substitution.
- Large Combo for $7: Sides include a large salad or large fries, additional $.50 for curly fries substitution. Drinks include a large soda, additional $.75 for milk shake substitution.
Step 1: Create the initial Upsell Combo
- Log into Revel Management Console
- Select the Products icon at the top
- Select Upsell Combos on the left
- Select “ +Create New Combo” at the top right
Step 2: Name and Price the Combo + Create slots
- Enter in the Combo Name
- Enter in the Combo Price that adds on top of the initial product price (this is the price of the first upsell of the combo, i.e $3.00 for the first upgrade to Small Combo)
- Select “Add Slot” to create the slots for the upsell combo. These are the columns such as in the photo above (i.e one slot for sides, one slot for drinks, etc).
- Create as many slots as needed. If offering 2 sides, there would be 2 slots made for sides. Only 1 product per slot can be selected in each slot.
Step 3: Create the First Part of the Upsell
- Select “Add Upsell” to create the first Upsell
- Enter in the name of the first upsell (i.e Small Combo)
- Enter in $0.00 for the “Price” of the first upsell. This is because the combo price created in Step 2.2 is the price of the first upsell.
- Enter in the products or product groups that belong to Slot 1 for Upsell #1. For example, all the small sides will be entered.
- Enter in $0.00 for “Products Price”. This window is for if a lower level upsell combo is selected and customer wishes to purchase 1 item from higher-level upsell, this is the additional price.
- Example: Customer purchases the small combo for $3.00 but wishes to upgrade just the drink to a medium drink, it will cost the “Products Price”. So it will be $3.00 + “Products Price”.
- (Optional): Substitutions are available for each slot as well. For example, instead of a small drink, a customer can substitute it for a small milkshake for $0.75 amount extra.
- Enter in the possible products or product groups substitutions available for the first upsell of the Small Combo.
- Enter in the substitution price.
- Repeat steps 3.4 - 3.6 for the Slot 2. For example, all the small drinks will be entered along with their price and any substitutions.
Step 4: Create the 2nd, 3rd, etc Upsell
Once the first Upsell is completed, if necessary, create the 2nd and 3rd upsell of this Upsell Combo. For example, create the medium combo and large combo.
- Select “Add Upsell” at the bottom of the Upsell Combo page to create the Upsell #2.
- Enter in the name for Upsell #2, i.e Medium Combo
- Enter in the additional price on top of the initial combo price for Upsell #2. For example, inputting $2 here means upgrading to this combo is $3(set earlier w/ Combo #1) + $2 = $5.
- Enter in the products or product groups that belong to Slot 1 for Upsell #2. For example, all the medium sides will be entered.
- Enter in the price to purchase a product from Upsell #2 if user is purchasing from a lower upsell, such as Upsell #1. For example, if user is purchasing the small combo but wants to upgrade just the Small Fries to Medium Fries, it will cost $1.25.
- (Optional): Substitutions are available for each slot as well. For example, instead of a medium fries, a customer can substitute it for a Medium Curly Fries for $0.50 amount extra.
- Repeat steps 4.4 – 4.6. For example, all the medium drinks will be entered along with their price and any substitutions.
For any additional upsells, like a large combo, super large combo, etc, repeat Step 4.1 – 4.7
Step 5: Assign Eligible Products to Upsell Combos
Once the Upsell Combo has been created, products need to be assigned to prompt for the Upsell Combo. Since not all products will be eligible for upsell, this is set for each individual product.
- Select the Products Icon then Products Tab
- Navigate to the product menu
- Enter the Product details by selecting the pencil icon
- On the right window, search for “Upsell Combo” and select the Upsell Combo
- Hit Save at the top right
Once the Upsell Combo has been created and assigned to products, refresh the Revel application on the iPad.
- Ring in the product on Revel application
- Select any modifiers associated to the product
- Select which upsell to upgrade to (i.e Small, Medium, Large Combo)
4. Select the products from each slot (1 side and 1 drink)
5. Hit “Add to Order” to add the combo into the order
6. Complete order like normal
- Upsell Smart Sizing: Located under Settings -> Quick Service Settings on Management Console. Smart sizing automatically sets combo sizes to what the customer orders from the "View All" screen. For example if a customer orders a combo and requests a medium drink, all other combo options are set to medium.