Adding images to your menu items can help employees find and identify your items more efficiently. After attaching images to your products, refresh the iPad.
This article outlines how to add images manually, one by one. Want a super quick way to add images? Use the product export/import tool and add links to the hosted images in the Excel file.
Adding Images to Products
- Log in to the Management Console [yourdomain.revelup.com].
- Go to the Products tab and click on the details icon of the item where you want to add an image:
- Check the box for Display/Print Options to display all available settings. On the right side of the page, scroll down to Display/Print Options and select Image:
- Enter the image URL or Browse and Upload the desired image. Then click Save:
Refresh your point of sale for the changes to push. You'll now see your images display on your tiles:
Image Size Recommendations
If you want to upload product images to your Management Console so they display on the Point of Sale, here are our size recommendations:
- 100x100 minimum, 500x500 maximum
- Square images are best, with rectangles being second best
- The ideal resolution is 72 pixels per inch
- When displaying an image on the CDS, use 100x100. When displaying an image on the POS with the description, 500x500 is best
- When displaying a size chart, the ideal size is 500 x 400 or smaller to ensure readability and loading reliability
Also keep in mind that when uploading an image via URL, the image is always uploaded from that URL before being displayed. If that image is replaced at the same URL, a new image will display. Likewise, if the image is taken down, then no image will display. We recommend uploading your images into the Revel product settings for best results.