Occasionally, you may have issues with credit card transactions missing or not showing as captured on the Point of Sale. Follow the steps below to try to fix; if these do not work, you'll need to contact your Gateway or Merchant Service Provider (MSP), whose contact info can be found at the bottom of the page.
- How to Adjust Uncaptured Transactions
- How to Check for Offline Payments
- How to Check for Declined Payments
- How to Check for Accepted Transactions
- Cannot Close Credit Card Transactions
- Gateway/MSP Support Numbers
How to Adjust Uncaptured Transactions
If credit card transactions appear to be missing in a bank account or deposits are coming up short, it is very probable that the credit card transactions are not captured on the Point of Sale. To remedy, follow the steps below:
- Login to the Point of Sale as Manager. Then, from the Dashboard, navigate to Payments Waiting to Batch:
For Table Service (TSR) and Quick Service (QSR) clients (if processing tips), all the credit card transactions end up in the batch process. When the credit card is swiped, it will be authorized for the swiped amount and placed into the batch process. While in the batch process, these transactions can be adjusted to account for tip amounts before capturing, which finalizes the transaction.
If NOT captured, the transactions will sit in batch process screen until captured. This means the transactions sit as an authorization, and are not being processed. If a transaction sits in batch process for more than 24 hours, a warning appears upon login, so this should be done daily, as an end of night procedure.
- From the Payments Waiting to Batch screen, you'll see all unprocessed credit transactions. Adjust tips as needed by clicking on the tip field and inputting the appropriate value.
- When ready, tap Capture ALL at the top to process all transactions. Or to capture individual transactions, tap the Capture button next to each transaction you want to process:
How to Check for Offline Payments
If the Internet goes down, the Point of Sale is still able to swipe credit cards and process them once the internet connection is reestablished. Any credit cards swiped while offline will be placed in the Offline Payments screen. Normally once Internet is reestablished, any offline payments should be processed automatically, then placed into the batch process.
To enable offline payments and to learn more about this feature, please review Offline Mode/Always On Mode. Once activated, you can manage offline payments from your Point of Sale, and there are multiple warnings indicating when the iPad has any offline transactions or is taking any offline transactions. These will appear at the bottom of the login screen:
To check on or force the offline orders, follow the steps below:
- From the Point of Sale Dashboard, navigate to Offline Payments:
- Select Force at the top right.
- If transactions remain, it means Internet connection has not yet been reestablished.
- If transactions disappear, they've moved into Payments Waiting to Batch, where they can adjusted and captured.
How to Check for Declined Payments
Declined payments will only be delayed and need rectified in the event that you have offline payments that process once your internet service is restored; otherwise the system will let you know immediately if a credit card is declined. To check for declined payments:
- From the Point of Sale Dashboard, navigate to Declined Payments:
- Select Retry or Retry All to try to process the payment again
- To get rid of the transaction, swipe to the left and select Delete on a particular transaction.
- If the payment cannot be processed, please contact your MSP for more information. The numbers are provided at the bottom of the page.
How to Check for Accepted Transactions
After the above steps have been exhausted, including Batch Process, Offline Payments, and Declined Payments, if Credit Card transactions still appear to be missing, there are two options left.
In rare cases, if the application is deleted before the batch process is processed, all uncaptured transactions will remain in an authorization stage but will be gone from the batch process screen. This means it is no longer possible to capture and finalize the amount on the Point of Sale. To fix this, you'll need to find the transactions on the Management Console. To do so:
- Log into your Management Console [yourdomainname.revelup.com] and navigate to Reports and choose the Payment Summary Report.
- Scroll down to Payment Details and click Transaction Status to organize list:
If there are transactions here listed as Accepted, it means the amount was authorized with the payment processor but was not captured and finalized. This means the money will not be collected. If the transactions listed as accepted do not appear in the Batch Process screen, please contact the MSP for manual processing.*
*NOTE: If the authorization has expired (time may vary from 3-30days, depending on your MSP), it will not be possible for MSP to finalize the transaction.
Very rarely would a transaction not be reported in the Management Console and the batch process screen, however it may be possible. The very last and final thing to do is to contact the MSP and ask if there are any transactions sitting in the authorization stage.
Cannot Close Credit Card Transactions
Occasionally, an order on the Point of Sale needs to be synced with the Management Console in order for you to close it and process it in your credit card transactions. To do so:
- From the Point of Sale, login as a Manager and look at the Payments Waiting to Batch section. Here, you'll see all accepted transactions. Make note of the order that has not yet batched, because you will use this later to look up the order details:
- Next, from the Point of Sale Dashboard, choose Orders:
- Tap the icon and then choose Advanced Search:
- Choose Search by Order ID:
- Input the order number that you noted from step 1 above:
- Once you reopen the order, it should sync with the Management Console, so that the order can now be closed:
- Now that order is synced and closed, we can see that it is showing up on the Point of Sale Dashboard under Payments Waiting to Batch, so that we can either adjust tips or just capture it:
Gateway/MSP Support Numbers
PayPal Support: 1-888-221-1161