After you have added products to your system, they will display in the Inventory tab. The Inventory tab is where you'll view and manage your product quantities. The Product Inventory tab shows all items entered through the Products page. The Ingredients Inventory tab will show all items entered through the Ingredients page. The Products Inventory and the Ingredients Inventory tabs have the same layout and functionality. The only difference is the actual items displayed.
Inventory Tab Tour
In the Inventory tab, there are several sub-tabs that allow you to manage your inventory details. Below is a quick tour of these sub-tabs:
- Products Inventory: Displays all products marked as Track in Inventory along with their current on-hand quantities. In this page, you can make changes to your inventory quantities manually or via an Excel import. This setting can be found in each individual product settings under Products > Details > Inventory.
- Ingredients Inventory: Identical to the Products Inventory tab, but displays all ingredients marked as Track in Inventory instead of products. Ingredients must first be created and assigned through the Products tab. This setting can be found in each individual ingredient setting under Products > Ingredients.
- Prep Recipes: If you have created Prep Recipes for individual products, in this page you can mark a batch recipe as Prepared.
- Vendors: In this page, you'll create and manage vendors.
- Reorder: Creates new orders based on vendor information and low stock alert thresholds.
- Purchase Orders: Create new Purchase Orders and view a history of all Purchase Orders made within Revel. Purchase orders can also be printed, emailed, received, and labels printed from this tab.
- RMAs: RMA stands for Return Merchandise Authorization. In this page, you can create RMAs for damaged or incorrect items that you're returning to your vendors.
- Shipping Address: Fill out your business's shipping information to automatically populate on all Purchase Orders.
- Transfer: If you have multiple establishments with Revel, you can transfer inventory and receive inventory from one location to another through this page.
- Physical Inventory: Allows you to divide your store into sections so that each section can be easily physically inventoried. You can select whether you want inventory to be to physically counted or scanned.
Product Inventory and Ingredient Inventory Columns
Within the Products Inventory and Ingredient Inventory pages, there are a number of columns that display the inventory:
- Filters button: Use this to select product class, vendor, inventory unit, and inclusion settings:
- ... button: Use this to export your product or ingredient inventory into an Excel document. You can make mass edits and then import the file back into the Management Console. You can also print your report from this menu:
- Product: Name of each product along with the barcode, SKU, and BIN. Click the product name to divert to the Product details page.
- Ingredient: Name of each ingredient along with the barcode, SKU, and BIN. Click the ingredient name to divert you ingredient details page
- Class: Displays the class of the product or ingredient. Classes must first be created and assigned to the items.
- Primary Vendors: Displays the primary vendor for the product or ingredient. Selecting the pencil allows the ability to change vendor, vendor item ID, reorder unit type, default quantity, and default price. You can also assign vendors and adjust details through the Product details.
- Inventory UOM: Displays the Unit of Measurement assigned to the item. This can be changed through the Product Details or Ingredient Details.
- Low Stock Alert: Displays the threshold amount for the item. If the item's inventory quantity falls below the set threshold, an alert email will be sent. Use the Stock Alert Email to enter the email address destination for low stock alert notifications.
- Cost/ Inv. Unit: Displays the average cost per unit based on the item cost divided by quantity.
- Total: Cost multiplied by the current inventory quantity to show the total cost for current inventory.
- Current Inventory: Displays the current inventory quantity of the product or ingredient.
- Receive: Allows you to add quantity to inventory after it has been ordered from vendor/supplier.
- Waste: Allows you to remove quantity from inventory.
- Transfer: Allows you to move quantity of inventory from one Establishment to another. Can only be used between Revel consoles. Also, product barcodes must be the same across all establishments.
- Actual: Allows you to set the actual quantity of inventory without receiving. Can be done using 2 different Units of Measure.
- Reset Cost: Allows you to reset the Cost of Goods in the event there are errors during Receiving.
- Reset: Allows you to reset and delete entire inventory history of a product or ingredient. Performing this will completely delete entire history of product or ingredient.
- Print Tags: Allows you to print pricing, stock, or jewelry labels using Dymo Label Printer.