After you have added products to your system, they will display in the Inventory tab. The Inventory tab is where you'll view and manage your product quantities. The Product Inventory tab shows all items entered through the Products page. The Ingredients Inventory tab will show all items entered through the Ingredients page. The Products Inventory and the Ingredients Inventory tabs have the same layout and functionality. The only difference is the actual items displayed.
Inventory Tab Tour
In the Inventory tab, there are several sub-tabs that allow you to manage your inventory details. Below is a quick tour of these sub-tabs:
- Products Inventory: Displays all products marked as Track in Inventory along with their current on-hand quantities. In this page, you can make changes to your inventory quantities manually or via an Excel import.
- Ingredients Inventory: Identical to the Products Inventory tab, but displays all ingredients marked as Track in Inventory instead of products. Ingredients must first be created and assigned through the Products tab.
- Prep Recipes: If you have created Prep Recipes for individual products, in this page you can mark a batch recipe as Prepared.
- Vendors: In this page, you'll create and manage vendors.
- Reorder: Creates new orders based on vendor information and low stock alert thresholds.
- Purchase Orders: Create new Purchase Orders and view a history of all Purchase Orders made within Revel.
- RMAs: RMA stands for Return Merchandise Authorization. In this page, you can create RMAs for damaged or incorrect items that you're returning to your vendors.
- Shipping Address: Fill out your business's shipping information to automatically populate on all Purchase Orders.
- Transfer: If you have multiple establishments with Revel, you can transfer inventory and receive inventory from one location to another through this page.
- Physical Inventory: Allows you to divide your store into sections so that each section can be easily physically inventoried.
Product Inventory and Ingredient Inventory Columns
Within the Products Inventory and Ingredient Inventory pages, there are a number of columns that display the inventory:
- Filters button: Use this to select product class, vendor, inventory unit, and inclusion settings:
- ... button: Use this to export your product or ingredient inventory into an Excel document. You can make mass edits and then import the file back into the Management Console. You can also print your report from this menu:
- Product: Name of each product along with the barcode, SKU, and BIN.
- Ingredient: Name of each ingredient along with the barcode, SKU, and BIN.
- Class: Displays the class of the product or ingredient. Classes must first be created and assigned to the items.
- Primary Vendors: Displays the primary vendor for the product or ingredient. Selecting the pencil allows the ability to change vendor, vendor item ID, reorder unit type, default quantity, and default price. You can also assign vendors and adjust details through the Product details.
- Inventory UOM: Displays the unit of measurement assigned to the item. This can be changed through the Product Details or Ingredient Details.
- Low Stock Alert: Displays the threshold amount for the item. If the item's inventory quantity falls below the set threshold, an alert email will be sent. Use the Stock Alert Email to enter the email address destination for low stock alert notifications.
- Cost/ Inv. Unit: Displays the average cost per unit based on the item cost divided by quantity.
- Total: Cost multiplied by the current inventory quantity to show the total cost for current inventory.
- Current Inventory: Displays the current inventory quantity of the product or ingredient.
- Actions: Use the Receive icon to add to your inventory quantity. Use the Waste icon to remove from your inventory quantities. Click the ... button to access the Transfer, Actual, Reset Cost, Reset, and Print Tags icons: