In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), the Inventory tab is the main page from which to manage and make adjustments to your inventory quantities such as receiving new inventory, wasting existing inventory, and setting actual quantities.
- Inventory Tab Tour
- Product Inventory and Ingredient Inventory Columns
- Filters & Options
- Show All Actions View
Inventory Tab Tour
In the Inventory tab, there are several sub-tabs that allow you to manage your inventory details. Below is a quick tour of these sub-tabs:
- Product Inventory: Displays all products marked as Track in Inventory along with their current on-hand quantities. On this page, you can make changes to your inventory quantities manually or via an Excel import.
- Ingredient Inventory: Identical to the Products Inventory tab, but displays all ingredients marked as Track in Inventory instead of products. Ingredients must first be created and assigned through the Products tab.
- Prep Recipes: In this page, you can mark a batch recipe as Prepared, if you have previously created Prep Recipes for individual products.
- Vendors: In this page, you can create and manage vendors.
- Reorder: Creates new orders based on vendor information and low stock alert thresholds.
- Purchase Orders: Create new Purchase Orders and view a history of all Purchase Orders made within Revel.
- RMAs: RMA stands for Return Merchandise Authorization. In this page, you can create RMAs for damaged or incorrect items that you are returning to your vendors.
- Shipping Address: Fill out your business's shipping information to automatically populate on all Purchase Orders.
- Transfer: If you have multiple establishments within Revel, you can transfer inventory and receive inventory from one location to another through this page.
- Physical Inventory: Allows you to divide your store into sections so that each section can be easily physically inventoried.
Product Inventory and Ingredient Inventory Columns
Within the Products Inventory and Ingredient Inventory pages, there are a number of columns that display the inventory details:
- Product: Name of each product with the barcode, SKU, and BIN.
- Ingredient: Name of each ingredient with the barcode, SKU, and BIN.
- Class: Displays the class of the product or ingredient. Classes must first be created and assigned to the items.
- Primary Vendors: Displays the primary vendor for the product or ingredient. Selecting the pencil icon allows you the ability to change Vendor, Vendor Item ID, Reorder Unit Type, Default Quantity, and Default Price. You can also assign vendors and adjust details through the product details.
- Inventory UOM: Displays the unit of measurement assigned to the item. This can be changed through the product details or ingredient details.
- Low Stock Alert: Displays the low stock threshold amount for the item. If the item's inventory quantity falls below the set threshold, an alert email will be sent. Use the Stock Alert Email to enter the email address destination for low stock alert notifications.
- Cost/ Inv. Unit: Displays the average cost per unit based on the item cost divided by current quantity.
- Total: Cost multiplied by the current inventory quantity to show the total cost for current inventory.
- Current Inventory: Displays the current inventory quantity of the product or ingredient.
- Receive / Waste Icons: Use the Receive icon to add to your inventory quantities. Use the Waste icon to remove from your inventory quantities:
Filters & Options
You can use various filters and options in the Product Inventory and Ingredient Inventory pages to display specific information. The filters and options available are:
- Display Inactive: Shows all inactive and active products. This filter is unselected by default.
- Display Hidden Inventory: Shows all items marked as Track in Inventory as well as all items marked to be untracked from inventory.
- Display by Primary Stock Unit: Changes the inventory UOM column to the Primary Stock Unit. Stock units must be created and set first.
- Show All Actions: Displays additional icons to manage inventory actions.
- Search: Allows you to search for a specific item by Name, Barcode, SKU, or BIN.
- Product Class Drop-Down Menu: Displays all product classes. Selected class filters all items to those under class.
- On Hand Drop-Down Menu: Select whether to view inventory based on On Hand, For Sale, or Layaway.
- Vendor Drop-Down Menu: Displays inventory based on selected vendor.
- Stock Alert Email: Allows you to set the email address for low stock alert notification emails.
- Import / Export: Allows you to manage inventory quantities en masse through an Excel spreadsheet.
Show All Actions View
If Show All Actions is selected, additional inventory action icons will appear under the Receive / Waste column in the Product Inventory or Ingredient Inventory tabs. The additional icons that appear are:
- Transfer: Transfer inventory quantities between Revel establishments. Products or ingredients that are to be transferred must have the same product name across the establishments as well as the same Barcodes or SKUs.
- Actual: Allows you to set the true quantity for your products or ingredients.
- Reset Cost: Allows you to reset the cost per unit for a product or ingredient.
- Reset: Resets all historical inventory data for the product or ingredient.
- Print Tags: Allows you to print out barcode labels for your items if you have a compatible barcode label printer: