Every business has employees that fill several different roles. They can range from part-time to full-time, hourly versus salaried, front of house versus back of house, etc. To accommodate the variety in personnel, Revel Systems is able to discern between the various roles and assign specific wages to individual employees.
Adding an Employee
To add a brand new employee:
- In the Management Console, click the Employees tab. Click + Add and then Add Employee from the drop-down:
- Fill out the information for the new employee. The following fields are required:
- First Name: the employee's first name.
- Last Name: the employee's last name.
- Employee Start: the first day the employee can have access to the system.
- Initial Role: the role the employee will be assigned.
- PIN: the unique 4-10 digit PIN the employee will use to login to the POS.
- Some fields that are not required, but are very helpful are:
- Email Address: this must be filled out with a working email if you want to send your schedules to your employees via email.
- Starting Wage: Enter in the employee's hourly wage if you are using Revel's Payroll functionality.
- Once all fields have been filled out, click Save & New to add another employee or Save & Close to exit from the screen:
Editing Employee Info
If you need to edit information for an existing employee:
- In the Management Console, click the Employees tab and click the pencil icon in line with the employee's name:
- Make any necessary changes and then click the Save button.
Roles & Wages
To set or change a role or hourly wage for an employee:
- In the Management Console, click the Employees tab and click the pencil icon in line with the employee's name.
- On the right side, scroll down to the Roles & Wages section.
- To edit an existing role or wage, click the role drop-down box and choose the correct role or enter a new wage into the wage field.
- To add a new role, click + Add Role. Click the Choose Role drop-down box and select the correct role. If applicable, fill out the hourly wage in the wage field.
- Click Save to save all changes.