Sales Summary Report
Every client’s day-to-day operations and sales are easily viewable and customizable with Revel Systems. The Sales Summary Report under the Reports tab provides detailed insight from these daily sales, including, but not limited to sales, fees, discounts, taxes, liabilities (for things such as gift card sales), and payments (cash, credit, gift cards, etc.).
The sample sale summary below shows all transactions that were taken in the time range of “Last Week.” Each dot on the graph represents a particular day. Hovering the mouse over the dot will populate the date along with the Net to Account For.
When looking at your Sales Summary Report, the two numbers that should always match are the Net to Account For and Total Payments line items. The reason is that the Net to Account For is the summation of all sales, taxes, fees, and liabilities minus any applicable discounts, and Total Payments is the amount that was collected by the business to account for those sales, taxes, etc.
Occasionally, you will see the following warning message appear at the top of your Sales Summary Report:
If this error message appears, there are several reasons why this may occur:
- There are orders outstanding that did not receive payment on the POS. Remember, orders MUST be taken payment for on the POS and closed out accordingly.
- If you are looking at the Sales Summary with the date range set to Today while the business is still open. Currently unpaid orders just reflect the orders that are being processed at that moment.
- If you have a catering section of your business and are taking deposits for yours orders, those orders will appear with this error message (since payment has not been made in full).
- Taxable Sales: Total taxable sales pre-discount, pre-tax. Includes voids and returns.
- Non-Taxable Sales: Total non-taxable sales pre-discount, pre-tax. Includes voids and returns.
- Total Product Sales: The total from both the “Taxable Sales” and “Non-Taxable Sales”
- Taxable Service Fees: Total amount of taxable service fee that was charge. It includes voids and returns.
- Non-Taxable Service Fees: Total amount of non-taxable service fee that was charged. It includes voids/returns.
- Total Service Fees: The total from both Taxable Product Sales + Non-Taxable Service Fees.
- Gross Sales: Total Product Sales + Total Service Fees. Includes voids/returns, excludes discounts
- Item Discounts: The total amount of item discounts placed. Does not reflect amount taken off tax.
- Order Discounts: The total amount of order discounts placed. Does not reflect amount taken off tax.
- Total Discounts: Total of both kinds of discounts. Does not reflect amount taken off tax
- Net Sales: Gross Sales – Total Discounts. Pre-taxed
- Sales Tax: Total amount of sales tax charged after discounts, voids, and returns.
- Surcharge: Total amount of surcharge charged after discounts, voids, and returns.
- Total Tax and Surcharges: Sales Tax + Surcharge
- Gift Cards: Total value of gift cards sold. The product must have been purchased and the product belongs to “Gift” product class.
- Deposits: Total value of deposit payments from invoices including refunds.
- Liabilities: Total liabilities from Gift Cards + Deposits.
- Net to Account For: Net Sales + Total Tax and Surcharges + Liabilities.
- Cash, Credit, Gift Cards, Etc: This is the amount of payment actually collected for each method.
- Total Payments: Total of all payments, after refunds. It does not include tips.
- Total Transactions: The number of orders taken in given time frame.
- Average Check: The average amount of all the orders.
- Cash Tips, Credit Tips, Paypal, All Other Tips: Total amount of tips collected by each payment method.
- Total Tips: Total amount of tips collected from all the payment methods.
Current Transaction Status:
- Accepted: Total amount of credit card transactions that were accepted but not yet captured by credit card processor.
- Captured: Total amount of credit card transactions that were captured and finalized. This is the amount that is going to your bank.
- Voided Items: Total number of voided items.
- Voided Total: Total value of all voided items.
- Comps Items: Total number of comped items.
- Comps Total: Total value of comped items. Does not reflect discounts or tax.
- Refunds Number: Total number of refunds.
- Refunds Total: Total amount of all refunds.
- Cash Due House: This amount is non cash tips minus cash. It represents the amount of cash owed to the house or to the employee. If Non-cash tips are greater than the cash amount, then money is owed to the employee. If Non-cash tips are less, then employee owes money to the house.
Example: Server Bob
602.65 (cash payment taken) – 8.25 (cc tips) = $594.40 so Bob owes the house $594.40
Note: When looking at your Sales Summary Report, the two numbers that should always match are the Net to Account For and Total Payments line items. The reason is that the Net to Account For is the summation of all sales, taxes, fees, and liabilities minus any applicable discounts, and Total Payments is the amount that was collected by the business to account for those sales, taxes, etc.