The Sales Summary Report provides detailed insight from daily sales, including fees, discounts, taxes, liabilities, and payments.
Sales Summary Report Tour
The components of the Sales Summary Report are:
- Sales Graph: The graph at the top of the report displays the sales for your selected time range (click date on left side of header to select range). Each dot signifies a particular day. Hover over a dot to populate the date along with the Net To Account For amount.
- Taxable Sales: Total taxable sales pre-discount, pre-tax. Includes voids and returns.
- Non-Taxable Sales: Total non-taxable sales pre-discount, pre-tax. Includes voids and returns.
- CRV Charges: Total CRV (California Redemption Value) applied to sales total.
- Donations: Total donations accepted.
- Total Product Sales: The total from both the Taxable Sales + Non-Taxable Sales.
- Taxable Service Fees: Total amount of taxable service fees applied. Includes voids and returns.
- Non-Taxable Service Fees: Total amount of non-taxable service fees applied. Includes voids and returns.
- Total Service Fees: The total from both Taxable Product Sales + Non-Taxable Service Fees.
- Gross Sales: Total Product Sales + Total Service Fees. Includes voids and returns. Excludes discounts.
- Item Discounts: The total amount of item discounts placed. Does not reflect amount taken off tax.
- Order Discounts: The total amount of order discounts placed. Does not reflect amount taken off tax.
- Coupons: Total amount of coupons applied to orders.
- Total Discounts: Total of Item Discounts + Order Discounts. Does not reflect amount taken off tax.
- Net Sales: Gross Sales - Total Discounts. Pre-taxed.
- Sales Tax: Total amount of sales tax charged after discounts, voids, and returns.
- Surcharge: Total amount of surcharge charged after discounts, voids, and returns.
- CRV Charges: Total amount of CRV (California Redemption Value) charged after discounts, voids, and returns.
- Total Tax and Surcharges: Sales Tax + Surcharge.
- Gift Cards: Total value of gift cards sold.
- Store Credit: Total value of all store credit extended to your customers.
- Deposits: Total value of deposit payments from invoices including refunds.
- Liabilities: Total liabilities from Gift Cards + Deposits.
- Net To Account For: Net Sales + Total Tax and Surcharges + Liabilities.
- Cash, Credit, Gift Cards, Etc: The amount of payment collected for each payment method.
- Total Payments: Total of all payments after refunds. Does not include tips.
- Total Transactions: The number of orders taken in a given time frame.
- Average Check or Average Order: The average amount of all orders.
- Retail, Eat In, Delivery, Etc.: Total amount and total percent of sales for each dining option.
- Cash Tips, Credit Tips, PayPal, All Other Tips: Total amount of tips collected by each payment method.
- Total Tips: The total amount of tips collected from all payment methods.
- Accepted: Total amount of credit card transactions accepted but not yet captured by credit card processor.
- Captured: Total amount of credit card transactions captured and finalized. This is the amount that will be deposited in your bank.
- Voided Items: Total number of voided items.
- Voided Total: Total value of all voided items.
- Comp Items: Total number of comped items.
- Comp Total: Total value of comped items. Does not reflect discounts or tax.
- Exchange items:Total number of exchanged items.
- Exchange Total: Total sales value of exchanged items. This amount does not reflect taxes or discounts.
- Refunds Number: Total number of refunds.
- Refunds Total: Total amount of all refunds.
- Payins Number: Total number of payins made.
- Payouts Number: Total number of payouts made.
- Payins Total: Total dollar amount of payins.
- Payouts Total: Total dollar amount of payouts.
- Safe Drop: Total amount deposited to safe.
- Cash Due House: Non-cash tip minus cash. Represents the amount of cash owed to the house or to the employee. If non-cash tips are greater than the cash amount, then money is owed to the employee. If non-cash tips are less, then employee owes money to the house:
Note: The two numbers that would always match are the Net To Account For and Total Payments line items. The Net To Account For is the summation of sales, taxes, fees, and liabilities minus any applicable discounts. Total Payments is the amount collected by the business to account for sales, taxes, etc.
Occasionally, you will see the following warning message appear at the top of your Sales Summary Report:
- This Reporting Period Includes Orders Which are Currently Unpaid: This may occur because:
- There are outstanding orders that did not receive payment on the Point of Sale.
- The business is currently open and the unpaid orders reflect orders that are being processed at that moment.
- Invoices are open because payment has not been made in full: