When you open a new order on your iPad POS, you will see a set of action buttons in the bottom left side of the screen. These buttons can be changed, removed, and rearranged:
These actions range from the discount order button, print guest check, open cash drawer, and many more. Depending on certain settings, there can be additional buttons in the list as well as custom action buttons that you can create.
Revel offers ability to rearrange or even remove certain buttons, so you can customize your order screen the way you need for your business. That way, if you have certain actions that are not relevant to your establishment, you can hide them and only use the ones you need. You can also organize buttons in a way that your most often used actions appear first in the screen and have different arrangements per station depending on the type of service (like table service orders and bar orders) provided at that station.
Let's take a look at how you can rearrange these buttons within your Management Console!
- Log into your Management Console (yourdomain.revelup.com).
- Click on the Establishment link in the menu at the top of the page.
- The page should open on the Stations tab. Select the station you want to change action buttons for:
Note: If you don't have any POS Stations set up, see our article Setting Up Your iPad POS Station for instructions.
- Click the Order Actions tab:
- This will open your options for actions to display on your iPad POS, by default all actions are in the Displayed section:
- Click the action button and drag it to the Available section on the left. This will keep them from being visible on the POS station:
- Once you've moved the unneeded actions, you can move the displayed actions in the order you want them to appear on the POS. Just drag them to the location, the closest to the top will display first:
- Once you've arranged your order actions in the way you want, click the Save button and refresh your POS. If you want to apply the changes to all stations, click the Apply to Stations button and it will change the display on each POS after it's been refreshed:
That's it! Now you've set up your action buttons for your iPad POS station.