Revel supports dual cash drawers for one printer. This allows for two separate tills to be running at the same time as well allow ability to assign each till for specific employees.
Special equipment must be purchased in order to connect the two cash drawers. A splitter for the cash drawer cables is required. Depending on the type of brand of printer, specific cash drawer cables may also be required.
If using the ECH cash drawers, please refer to the ECH dual cash drawer hardware guide.
- CD-D1D2EP splitter
- Epson Printer – CD-005A (or CD-101A) + CD-005B
- Star Printer – CD-014A(or CD-101A) + CD014B
- The "B" cables are for the second cash drawer. The "A" cables come standard and are for the first cable.
- Note: Cannot use 2 "A" (or B) cables with a splitter. This may cause damage to the cash drawer or printer.
- Plug the RJ12(small end) into the back of printer.
- Plug the RJ12 ends of CD-005A & CD-005B into the splitter. CD-005B will considered Cash Drawer #2.
- Plug the RJ45 ends of CD-005A & CD-005B into the appropriate cash drawer.
- Log into the iPad POS as an owner or manager.
- From the Dashboard, navigate to Settings.
- Select Cash Drawers and Tills and make sure "Enable two cash drawers" is activated.
- Now navigate to the Dashboard. Tap Tills > New Till to update the starting balance for each drawer.
- Enter either the sum total of the drawer or the quantities of each denomination and the system will calculate the total for you.
Now, when that employee logs in, only the assigned cash drawer will open for the assigned employee. Also, the tills screen will be specific for their assigned cash drawer. The tills screen will always identify which cash drawer it is by the bottom left. Learn more about the tills function here.
Note that when running a dual cash drawer setup, reassigning till ownership to a non-owner or non-manager employee will also move all cash drawer locks to that drawer. The employee is locked to the last assigned drawer and is not unlocked until after the till is reassigned.
To reassign the cash drawer:
- Close the till for Drawer 1.
- Then open a new till and assign it to the new employee.
Managers and owners can adjust the cash drawer locks in the point of sale under Settings > Cash Drawer & Tills > Cash Drawer Management.