Modifiers in Revel allow for modifications of products such as special instructions, product variation, size, etc. For more information on modifiers, click here.
With EMS, modifiers can easily be created and copied over across multiple establishments.
- Creating Modifiers Across Establishments
- Create the Modifier Class
- Create Modifiers
- Assign Products to Modifiers
Creating Modifiers Across Establishments
If starting from fresh, modifier classes and modifiers created in EMS, will also be created in all the target establishments.
Create the Modifier Class
A modifier class must be created first before modifiers can be created. This is the same process
- Go into All Establishment Tab
- Select the base establishment and the target establishments. Then Save:
- Select the Products icon.
- Select Modifiers tab on the left.
- Hit +Add Modifier Class and input the name of the new modifier class:
- Hit Save. A progress bar will appear on screen. A success message will appear once completed. The modifier class will now appear on all base and target establishments.
This is exactly the same as creating modifiers anywhere else, however this will create the modifiers across all the selected establishments.
- Collapse the new modifier class by selecting the “+” symbol to the left of the name.
- Hit “+Add Modifier” to create all the new modifiers within the class. Enter cost and price for each modifier. Repeat for additional modifiers.
- Hit save at the top right to finish. All the modifiers will be created across all selected establishments.
Assign Products to Modifiers
This is exactly the same as assigning modifiers regularly. However, make sure that the products are linked together before assigning. To check how to link products, click here.
Once the product are confirmed to be linked throughout the establishments, assign the modifiers to the desired product via association process detailed here.
If the modifier class or modifier exists only in the base establishment and not the target establishments, it will be created to the target establishment when selecting the modifiers for the product.