Is the printer plugged into the power outlet?
Check if the power lights are lit up on the front of the printer.
Does the printer have paper?
- If the paper light is illuminated, the printer is likely out of paper or the paper inside is misaligned
- Make sure that the paper is properly positioned; there is an image inside the printer on how to position it.
- Sometimes paper can become mis-aligned within the printer. Remove the paper and re-seat it.
Is the iPad connected to Revel network?
- The Revel network is typically rev + the first portion of the Revel URL. For example the Revel network name for URL https://flsupport.revelup.com is “revflsupport”
- In some cases, the Revel network is “revx” or “Revx”
- Guide: How to Connect to the Revel Network
What is the printer IP address that is printed from the printer?
For IP address from the printer, follow these steps:
- For POS printers (Epson T88, T70, Star printers), turn it off and hold the feed button. While holding the feed button turn it back on until it starts printing.
- For Kitchen printers (Epson U220), make sure the printer is on, hold the reset button from the back of the printer (small pin) and once it starts printing let go of the reset button right away.
- For detailed instructions on printing the IP address, please refer to this article: How to Print the IP Address of the Printer
- The IP address printed from the printer should match that printer’s IP address found on the POS in Settings > About. If the printer IP address needs to be changed, please refer to this guide: How to Reset an Epson Printer
Can the device be pinged?
Open safari and type in the IP address of the printer
- If not, check if the Printer is physically connected to the Revel router or a switch.
- If the printer cannot be pinged and is going through a switch, try plugging the printer directly to the router instead. Now try to ping it. (Also applies to other peripherals).
Check if the printer is set to redirect.
- Check your printer redirect settings on each of your POS stations
- Navigate to Settings > Printers. Here you will see a list of your printers with a ‘redirect’ toggle for each. Ensure the printer is not redirected incorrectly.
- Guide: How to Redirect Printing from One Printer to Another
Is the printer correctly connected to your network?
Check the printer Ethernet port LED status light.
- Green: lights up when the local network port is connected
- Amber: lights up and flashes to indicate network activity over that port
Note: There may be no light for ethernet port, some printers only light up when activity printing to it.
Check the Cabling of your Printer
- Ensure the Ethernet cable is connected to the Ethernet port on the back of the printer. The other end should connect to a numbered port on the Revel router, or a switch that is connected to the router.
If the problem cannot be resolved with the above steps, please contact Revel Support. (Please have the printer IP Address ready.)