Time blocks allow you to set up how much time a service typically takes. This way, when a customer or employee schedules a service, it will schedule for the allotted amount of time. In this example Revel will be creating two time blocks for all weekdays to reflect a business that DOES NOT accept reservations anytime before 9am and that DOES NOT accept any reservations after 6pm.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Login to your Point of Sale as Manager.
- From the Dashboard, navigate to Appointments:
NOTE: The Appointments button must be activated by Revel Support; if you do not see this, please reach out for assistance.
- Press the + Time Block button, then select the Service Provider at the bottom of the screen:
- Click the block for the date/time that you want to create a time block and a prompt will appear for you to enter the specific details for the Time Block:
- Label: Enter the name for the time block, such as Closed AM or an employees specific reason for Time Off.
- Date: This is the date that initially was pressed and the date the Time Block will start, which can be adjusted here if necessary.
- All Day: If this applies to the entire 24-hour period of the date selected, choose this bullet; otherwise you'll need to enter a start and end time for the block.
- Repeats: By pressing on the pencil image, it is possible select days of the week for the Time Block to repeat. It's also possible to select the end date of when the repeated Time Block occurs. If an end date is not chosen, it will apply the Time Block to all future dates.
- Start Time and End Time: Create another time block and enter 6:00pm - 12:00am, then press Create.
- The Time Block will now be applied to that specific Service Provider's schedule:
- Refresh the Point of Sale so that the Time Blocks are sent to the server.