This guide walks through changing the DNS on the iPad to the Revel DNS. By switching over to Revel's DNS, it will prevent employees working the Revel iPad POS application from accidentally updating to the latest iOS which may cause undesirable results.
- Go to the home page of the iPad by selecting the “Home” button on iPad.
- Select the Settings icon.
- Select Wi-Fi then click the blue “i” button next to the connected network.
- If DHCP is highlighted, please copy down the following fields: IP address, subnet mask, and router. If Static is already highlighted, skip this step.
- Input the IP address, subnet mask and router copied over from the previous screen. Input “184.108.40.206,220.127.116.11” into the DNS field without the “” or whatever DNS instructed to change to.
- Select “Wi-Fi” at the top left of the window to save. Re-select the blue “i” to confirm the change has been saved.