This report displays all service fees applied and collected if your establishment utilizes service fees. Note that service fee is not the same feature as auto-gratuity, and does not count as tips.
The section is broken down into two sections, item service fee and order service fee.
- Item Service Fee: This is a service fee applied directly onto the product. Similar to a modifier where it’s an additional price added to specific products. The columns will break down how much was collected and the tax collected on it (if the service fee is taxed).
- Order Service Fee: This is a service fee applied to the order, and it will appear like a product onto to either. The columns will break down how much was collected and the tax collected on it (if the service fee is taxed). If the service fee is percentage based, it can also be set to apply “post-tax” meaning the service fee is calculated based on the total with tax.
- Post-tax example: 20% Service fee on total bill of $15.00 + $1.50(tax) The service charge will be 20% of $16.50 which is $3.30
Located under Reports -> Other Reports -> Service Fee
Filters & Options
- Group By Fee: This organizes the service fees into groups.
Example of Group By Fee
- Open: Includes “open” orders into the service fee report. An open order defines as an order that has not been closed on the POS station.
- Unpaid: Includes “unpaid” orders into the service fee report. An unpaid order defines as an order that has received zero payment has the service fee applied to it.
- Irregular: Includes “irregular” orders into the service fee report. An irregular order defines as an order in the reporting period may be duplicated in other reporting periods. A common cause of this is when an order open one day and closes another day thus causing data to be split amongst two days.