Coupons in Revel are static discounts added onto the order. While similar to the actual discount function, it’s a little different as they are rung up like products. Since because the coupons are products, they can be also scanned via a barcode scanner.
Coupons are reported just like discounts and appear as a separate row in the Sales Summary.
How to Create a Coupon
The coupon functionality is by default, disabled. Please contact Revel Support to enable this feature, as it is a Staff Online setting.
Once the feature is enabled, a new Category, Sub-Category, Product, and Product Class are automatically created for the establishment.
- Log into the Revel Management Console.
- Navigate to Products icon -> Products tab.
- Expand the newly created “Coupon” section.
- Select “+ Add Product” to create a new coupon.
- Type in the name, leave the price “0” for now.
- Enter to the product’s detail by selecting the pencil icon.
- Assign the product’s class to “Coupon”. This is a special product class, which classifies this product as a coupon as oppose an actual product. This class is automatically created as well.
- For the price field, input the negative amount of the coupon value. For example, for a $5 off coupon, the value will be -5.
- Optional: Add the barcode of the coupon.
- Hit “Save” at the top right to complete.
When this coupon is rung up onto the order, it will subtract $5 from the total. Note, coupons do not remove tax.
How to Use Coupon
Coupons are rung up as products on the iPad. If there is a bar code associated with the coupon, select “Enter Barcode”.
The coupon will display as a discount under the Sales Summary.
It will also report under the “Discount & Voids/Returns” report.