Coupons in Revel are static discounts added onto the order. While similar to the discount function, it’s a little different, because they are rung up like products. Since coupons are treated as products, they can be also scanned via a barcode scanner. Coupons are reported just like discounts and appear as a separate row in the Sales Summary.
The coupon functionality is disabled by default. Please create a ticket with Revel Support to enable this feature, as it is a Staff Online setting.
How to Create a Coupon
Once the coupon feature is enabled, a new category, subcategory, product, and product class are automatically created for your establishment.
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), navigate to Products.
- On the main Products page, you will see a list of your products:
- Scroll down the list and locate the Coupon category:
- Click the icon to open the coupon, and again to open the subcategory, coupon:
- Click the + Product link to create a new coupon:
- Enter the name for your product and leave the price as 0:
- Click the Save button.
- Now, click the icon to apply the discount details:
- Use the drop-down menu in the Product Class section to select Coupon:
- In the Price field, enter the coupon value as a negative number. For example, if the coupon is for $5 off, enter -5 as the price:
- Once you've entered the class and price, click Save.
Now, when this coupon is rung up onto the order, it will subtract $5 from the total.
NOTE: Coupons do not remove tax.
How to Use Coupons
Coupons are rung up as products on the iPad. If there is a barcode associated with the coupon, select “Enter Barcode”. If you do not use barcodes, find the coupon under the corresponding category and subcategory.
The coupon will display as a discount under the Sales Summary under the Net Sales section:
It will also report in the Discounts report under Other Reports: