In this section, you can view an overall report for your inventory. It has the ability to display past inventory as well as display the amount changes made by date. This can give you insight how the inventory changed over time.
If there is an arrow next to the name of the product, you can click it to show you inventory changes from previous time. To see more information regarding the arrow, see below in “Filter & Options”
Filters & Options
There are filters and options to help display specific data. This can be useful especially when there can easily be hundreds of changes made to inventory and you want to see only specifics.
- Product Class: Filters the logs to only display certain product classes. Click here for more information on product class.
- Action Type: Filters the log based on the “action” taken. For example, you can only view all the logs for “adjustment”.
- Date Range: Select one of the dates you wish to view. Depending how far you go back, this will display the starting inventory from the start date along with all the changes made to inventory by date.
For the example below, the starting inventory begins at 6 units on 3/01. Then there was a usage of 2 on 3/10 and another 1 on 3/31. This brings the end quantity to 1 as displayed for the top row.
Date with inventory change
- Search field: Search for a specific product by name, SKU, or BIN.
- Display Hidden Inventory: Displays products that are hidden from inventory.
- Show Product Barcode/SKU: Displays the barcode and SKU below the product name.
- Display by Primary Stock Unit: Depending on how you set your primary stock units for your products, it can display numbers based on that.
For example if the primary stock unit for your beer is “Case” and 1 case = 32 bottles, then instead of showing starting inventory as 32 units, it will show as 1.
Red = no primary stock unit; Black = using primary stock units
- Starting: The starting inventory of the product at the time
- Received: How much was added to the inventory
- Usage/Return: Usage is the sales of the item, and returns are returns of the item (used in retail)
- Transfer (In/Out): Displays how much inventory was transferred out and in from different establishments.
- Adjust: Setting the “actual” amount of inventory done from the Inventory tab.