Serial Numbers Guide
The serial numbers feature allows users to track items that have unique serial numbers and search orders by items with serial numbers. If this feature is enabled, a serial number will need to be entered in order to add the product to the order. However, depending on the settings, an item may be added to an order without a serial number with a managerial pin.
Serial number input restrictions are:
- No empty strings
- No single space or multiple space strings
- Serial Number must be unique
Log into the Management Console at the Revel URL.
- Settings -> Inventory Settings -> Check on “Support Serial Numbers”.
- Settings -> Inventory Settings -> Check on “Enforce serial number inventory”. This will always require serial number for item to be added.
- Under Products -> Product menu, select the "Pencil" icon to enter the Product Detail's page. Check on "Require serial number".
- Enter the serial numbers inside the Inventory Tab on the management console for manual entry. Find the product in the list to add serial numbers then select “receive” button.
3.1 Import/Export - To quickly enable serial number for multiple products at a time, “Serial Number” is exist on the list of advanced fields available to the user.
- As the item is added to the order, a pop up box "Enter Serial Number" will appear. Either scan the serial number or enter it in manually.
- If the user presses Cancel, the item will not be added.
- Serial Number is displayed below the item name (and above discounts) as S/N: XXXXXXXX.
- S/N prints on receipts in the same way.
- Items with Serial Numbers cannot have quantity.
- Copying the item requires another S/N to be entered
Prompt to Enter Serial Number
Serial Number displayed on Order screen