The serial numbers feature allows users to track items that have unique serial numbers which they can then search orders for associated serial numbers. If this feature is enabled, a serial number will need to be entered in order to add the product to the order. However, depending on the settings, an item may be added to an order without a serial number with a managerial pin.
Management Console Settings
To start using Serial Numbers, this feature must first be activated. To do so:
- From the Management Console [yourdomainname.revelup.com], navigate to Settings. Clear Selections and search for Serial. Check the box on the left to Support Serial Numbers and Enforce serial number inventory. This will always require serial number for item to be added. Make sure to activate each setting on the right and Save:
- Next, you need to activate serial number tracking on the individual products you'd like to track. Navigate to Products and select the pencil icon next to the product you'd like to adjust to access the Product Details:
- Clear Selections and search for Serial Number; check the box on the left to display the setting on the right. Make sure to activate and Save:
- Finally, you need to enter the serial numbers for inventory purposes. To do so, on the Management Console, navigate to Inventory. In the search box, search for the item you'd like to add serial numbers. Once the product displays, under Actions, click the icon:
- When receiving inventory, you'll be prompted to input the serial numbers for that product. Optionally, you can fill in Cost/Unit and add Remarks:
- Refresh each Point of Sale station to push your saved settings.
Point of Sale Flow
Once your serial numbers are all set in the Management Console.
- As the item is added to the order, a pop up box Enter Serial Number will appear. Either scan the serial number or enter it in manually. If the user presses Cancel, the item will not be added to the order:
- Once entered in the order, the serial number is displayed below the item name:
- The serial number also prints on the receipts in a similar manner.
Restrictions and Reminders
There are some things to keep in mind with Serial Numbers, including the following:
- No empty strings are allowed
- No single space or multiple space strings
- Serial Number must be unique
- Items with Serial Numbers cannot have multiple quantities when sold on the Point of Sale; each item must be scanned or entered separately so that each item can have a serial number attached.
- Copying the item requires another serial number to be entered