Anything marked with an asterisk (*) is not available until Version 2.51, which you may not be using yet. Here's how software updates work with Revel:
- Your Management Console has already been updated to the latest version. No action required!
- Your new Revel Point of Sale app is now available in the App store! Here head here for update instructions.
The Payment Summary report displays all payments taken. It’s the same as the payment section of the Sales Summary report, but this report includes a list of all payments taken and refunded.
Payment Summary Report Tour
The various components of the Payment Summary report are:
ORGANIZE AND PRINT:
- Filters button: Click this to choose Employees, Point of Sale Stations, Dining Options, and Inclusions settings:
- icon: Click this to export your report in various formats:
- Cash: Total cash payments including refunds and excluding tips.
- Credit: Sum total of all credit payments including refunds and excluding tips. Credit+ payments for AmEx, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa are here as well.
- Checks: Total check payments, including refunds and excluding tips.
- Custom Payments: Total of custom payments, including refunds and excluding tips.
- Total Tender Payments: Displays total amount of all payment types accepted.
- House Account: Total house account activity, including payments made with and against house accounts.
- Applied Deposits: Total applied deposits, including refunds. Deposits are considered applied when the invoice is changed into an order, causing the sales to be realized.
- Total Liability Payments: Displays total of all liability payments accepted.
- Payins Number: Total number of payins to the till.
- Payouts Number: Total number of payouts to the till.
- Payins Total: Total number and value of payins to the till.
- Payouts Total: Total number and value of payouts to the till.
- Cash Tips: Total cash tips.
- Credit Tips: Total credit tips.
- Checks Tips: Total checks tips.
- Custom Payment Tips: Total custom payment tips.
- Other Tips: Total tips from all other payment types.
- Total Payable Tips: The total amount of tips from all kinds of payments payable to employees.
- Liability Tips: Total amount of tips from liability payments, including gift cards, house accounts, and applied deposits.
- Deposit Tips: Total tips made as deposits on invoices. These tips will become payable tips when the invoice is turned into an order.
CURRENT TRANSACTION STATUS:
- Accepted: Total payments sent to payment processor that have not yet been captured.
- Captured: Total payments captured and deposited to your bank account.
- Declined: Total payments declined by payment processor.
- Failed: Total payments that failed to send to payment processor.
- Pending: Total payments pending to be sent to payment processor.
- Unknown: Total payments with unknown status:
Payment Details Tour
The Payment Details section includes:
- All Payments menu: Use this filter to view All Payments, Credit Card Payments, Liability Payments, or Cash Payments.*
- Order No.: The unique order number assigned to the payment.
- Type: The payment type.
- Card Type: The type of card used if the payment was made with a credit card.
- Date: The date the payment was made.
- Station: The Point of Sale station where the payment was taken.
- Transaction ID:v The unique transaction ID for the payment.
- Transaction Status: If the payment type was a credit card, this column will display the card payment status (accepted, captured, declined).
- Last 4 CC Digits: If the payment type was a credit card, this column will display the last 4 credit card digits.
- Amount: The amount of the payment, excluding the tip.
- Tip: The total amount of the tip, if a tip was left.
- Total: The total amount of the payment plus the tip:
Each line item in this report will open the order details in the Order History Report.