The Payment Summary report displays all payments taken. It is the same as the payment section of the Sales Summary report, but this report includes a list of all the payments taken and refunded.
Payment Summary Report Tour
The various components of the Payment Summary report are:
- Filters button: Click this to choose POS stations, Employees, Online Orders, and Inclusions settings:
- ... icon: Click this to export your report in various formats:
- Cash: Total cash payments including refunds and excluding tips.
- Credit: Sum total of all credit payments including refunds and excluding tips. Credit+ payments for AmEx, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa are here, too.
- Checks: Total checks payments including Refunds and excluding Tips.
- Custom Payments: Total of Custom Payments, including refunds and excluding tips.
- Total Tender Payments: Displays total amount of all payment types accepted.
- House Account: Total house account activity, including payments made with and against house accounts.
- Applied Deposits: Total applied deposits, including refunds. Deposits are considered applied when the invoice is changed into an order, causing the sales to be realized.
- Total Liability Payments: Displays total of all liability payments accepted.
- Payins Number: Total number of payins to the till.
- Payouts Number: Total number of payouts to the till.
- Payins Total: Total number and value of payins to the till.
- Payouts Total: Total number and value of payouts to the till.
- Cash Tips: Total cash tips.
- Credit Tips: Total credit tips.
- Checks Tips: Total checks tips.
- Custom Payment Tips: Total custom payment tips.
- Other Tips: Total of tips from all other payment types.
- Total Payable Tips: The total amount of tips from all kinds of payments which are payable to employees.
- Liability Tips: Total amount of tips from liability payments, including gift cards, house accounts, and applied deposits.
- Deposit Tips: Total tips made as deposits on invoices. These tips will become more payable tips when the invoice is turned into an order.
- Current Transaction Status:
- Captured: Total payments captured and deposited to your bank.
- Declined: Total payments declined by processor.
- Failed: Total payments that failed to send to processor.
- Pending: Total payments pending to be sent to processor.
- Unknown: Total payments with unknown status:
- Accepted: Total payments sent to processor that have not yet been captured.
Payment Details Tour
The various components of the Payment Details section are:
- All Payments button: Use this filter to view All Payments, Tender Payments, or Liability Payments.
- Order No.: The unique order number associated to the payment.
- Type: The payment type.
- Card Type: If the payment type was a credit card, this column will display the type of card used.
- Date: The date the payment was made.
- Station: The POS station where the payment was taken.
- Transaction ID: The unique transaction ID for the payment.
- Transaction Status: If the payment type was a credit card, this column will display the card payment status (accepted, captured, declined).
- Last 4 CC Digits: If the payment type was a credit card, this column will display the last 4 credit card digits.
- Amount: The amount of the payment, excluding the tip.
- Tip: The total amount of the tip, if a tip was left.
- Total: The total amount of the payment plus the tip: