Allows the cook to “bump” items off from one KDS to the next KDS in line. This is achieved by the kitchen flow where the order flows through the displays. The item will appear on all the kitchen displays within the flow. This is useful for kitchens where multiple cooks are needed to assemble the entrée. Also it can be used for any other scenarios. Click here for visual example on how kitchen flows work.
Please contact the Support team to help to set up a kitchen flow. Make sure to include the following details:
- Revel URL + Establishment Name
- How many KDS displays
- The flow desired (i.e Sandwich KDS -> Salad KDS -> Sides KDS)
It is possible to create multiple flows as well. Note, not every product needs to follow the flow; specific products can be assigned to specific flows, no flow, or just specific KDS.
Assigning Products to Flow
Once the kitchen flow has been created, products need to be assigned to it.
- Log in to the management console and select the Products tab
- Navigate to the desired product by either searching for it or via the Product Tree
- Select the Product Details screen (Pencil Icon) of the desired product
- Select "Display/Print" options from the lefthand side of the screen
- Scroll down on the right hand side of the screen to the "Printers" field. Click the field and select the appropriate kitchen flow (no need to select each individual KDS).
- Scroll back to the top of the page, save and refresh the POS terminals for the changes to take effect.