Within the Inventory Icon in the Management Console, new filters allow to view inventory based on:
- On Hand (Inventory including Layaway)
- For Sale (Inventory without Layaway)
- On Layaway (Layaway amount)
Layaway only works when the item is within an invoice. In order to create an invoice, invoices must be enabled in the Management Console. To learn more about invoices, click here.
There are two settings in Management Console to easily put products on layaway under Settings -> Inventory Settings
- By default, invoices put products on layaway: Any items rung up into the invoice will automatically be placed into layaway
- Prompt for layaway: Any items rung up into the invoice will prompt whether to place item into layaway or not
- Create an invoice on iPad POS Platform
- Add the item to the Order.
- Tap the ellipses icon. Then select Layaway Items.
- Layaway All Items.
Please note: do not reset the item's inventory quantity while you have those items on layaway (added to an invoice). If the item's inventory was reset, converting the invoice to order would create negative product layaway. This may cause reporting discrepancies in the future.