Gift receipts are receipts without the pricing information. If a customer purchases items as a gift intended for someone else, there is an option to print out a gift receipt along with the regular receipt. This allows the customer to give this receipt to the gift recipient so the recipient has the option to exchange the gift for other items or store credit (if gift cards are set up).
This is only available for Retail clients.
How to Print Out Gift Receipt
Once payment has been taken for an order, the option to print the gift receipt is available on the top right of the payment screen.
This prints out a receipt without the price and payment.
Performing the Exchange
If the gift recipient decides to return the item(s), the cashier will pull up the order number indicated on the receipt (or scan the barcode of the order number on the receipt). Once the order has been pulled up, cashier may select the item and perform an exchange. This places a discount of the amount of the item being exchanged.
- Select “Orders” at the top and hit “Find Order by ID”
- Enter in the ID number of the gift receipt
- Select the desired exchange product on the left
- Select whether to exchange the selected product or multiple products
- Enter in the exchange reason and confirm by hitting “Yes”
- This opens up a brand new order with the exchange discount amount. The discount name will include the original order number on it
- Ring in new items or ring in a gift card product.