In 1525, Revel supports tax-included products within a tax-excluded menu. This means the price of the product will include the tax within its' price as oppose to tax being added onto the price.
For example, there is a tax of 10%, and the price inputted for the tax-included product is $6.00. The actual price of the product would be $5.45 + .55 tax to equate to $6.00
(Product Price) + (10% tax of product price) = $6.00
Product Price = $6.00 / 1.10
Product Price = $5.45
Tax = $.55
Tax Inclusive Initial Setup & Settings
By default, tax inclusive feature is disabled. It must be enabled and there are additional settings also. All settings for Tax Included are in the Management Console under Settings -> Advanced POS Settings.
- Support tax included product: Check on to enable tax-included products. To learn how to assign which product will be tax-included, see next section.
- Item sold with tax excluded: This setting is revealed when "support tax included product" is enabled. When a product that is tax-excluded is added to the order, all tax-included products in the same order will become tax-excluded.
- Limit by revenue center: Set only certain Revel stations (aka Revenue Center) to be able to ring up tax-included products. If other stations ring in a tax-included product, it will ring it tax-excluded. For example, drinks rung up at the Bar POS will be tax-included while drinks rung up at the Restaurant POS will be tax-excluded.
- Revenue center: Choose the revenue centers (group of POS stations) that are allowed to ring in tax-included products. To learn to set up revenue center, click here.
- Log into Revel Management Console
- Select the Products Tab -> Products
- Navigate to desired product
- Enter the product's details by selecting the "pencil" button
- Ensure "Tax options" are checked on the left
- On the right, scroll down and check on "Tax included"
- Hit Save at the top right
Revel iPad POS Example
When a tax-inclusive product is rung up, it will appear on the receipt with an "*" next to its name.
When the receipt includes tax-inclusive and tax-exclusive products, the receipt will display the tax collected from the tax-exclusive products at the top and the total of tax-inclusive and tax-exclusive will be displayed at the bottom.