Revel supports tax-included products within a tax-excluded menu. This means the price of the product will include the tax within its' price as oppose to tax being added onto the price.
Tax Inclusive Initial Setup & Settings
By default, the tax inclusive feature is disabled. Here are the steps to enable this feature:
- In the Management Console, begin my going in the Settings tab.
- From the settings page, select Clear Selections. Then type Support Tax Included Product .
- On the right side, enable the checkbox for Support Tax Included Product. Then click Save
Assigning Tax-Included Products
Once the setting has been enabled, the desired products must be set to be tax included.
- Log into Revel Management Console
- Select the Products and navigate to desired product.
- Enter the product's details by selecting the Pencil icon.
- Check tax options on the left hand side.
- On the right, scroll down and check on Tax included
- Then click Save.
When a tax-inclusive product is rung up, it will appear on the receipt with an * next to its name.
When the receipt includes tax-inclusive and tax-exclusive products, the receipt will display the tax collected from the tax-exclusive products at the top and the total of tax-inclusive and tax-exclusive will be displayed at the bottom.