Inventory Management on the Revel Point of Sale allows you to make changes to your inventory without having to log in to the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com). You can also view and receive Purchase Orders.
To access your Inventory Management on the POS:
- Enter your PIN in the POS log in screen and tap Login.
- Once logged in, tap the gear icon in the top left corner to open the Settings menu.
- From the Settings menu, tap Manager:
- Next, tap Inventory:
- To locate a specific product, search for the item in the Name or Barcode field and tap Submit.
- If no match is found, a window will display potential matches.
- Once a product is located or selected, you can manage the inventory by using the action icons that appear. The icons are:
- Cost: Updates the cost of the product. This is the amount you paid for the product, not the amount charged to the customer.
- Price: Updates the price of the product. This is the amount charged to the customer when sold.
- Receive: Select this to add new stock to the existing inventory. Add the quantity, choose the unit, and input the cost/unit and any remarks.
- Actual: Updates the true quantity on-hand.
- Damaged: Removes existing inventory by the amount entered.
- Once complete, select “Dismiss” it the bottom right corner to close the window:
Within the Inventory Management screen, you can accept and confirm delivered purchase orders. The purchase order must be generated in the Management Console.
- In the main POS screen, tap the gear icon to open the Settings menu, then tap Manager.
- Next, tap Inventory.
- In the top right corner of the Inventory window, tap POs.
- Here, you can search for a purchase order by a Product on the PO or the PO ID#, which you can find in the Purchase Order tab in the Management Console.
- After you've typed in your product or PO ID#, tap Submit:
- The PO window will display all products in the PO. If you are receiving a partial order, edit the Quantity field. You can also edit the Cost if needed.
- If your vendor provided you with a Vendor Invoice # enter it in the field in the top right corner.
- Once done editing the PO, tap Submit in the bottom right corner. The quantity will then be added to the product's on-hand inventory: