Delivery Management is Revel's comprehensive tool used for tracking deliveries, estimating delivery time, and viewing order details and driver histories. The system is capable of optimizing delivery routes by calculating the time it takes to prepare food and add it to the time it takes to deliver the order to the customer. The Delivery Console also includes a structured end-of-delivery procedure to maintain accurate delivery reports and the insight required to run a successful delivery business.
Configuring Delivery Management Settings
To enable Delivery Management on the POS:
- Log in to the Management Console.
- Click the Settings tab icon to access the settings page.
- Click the Advanced Pos Settings checkbox.
- Scroll down the page to the Advanced Pos Settings / Delivery section of the Settings page. You can also type "Delivery" in the settings search bar to display only relevant settings.
Delivery Optimization recommends deliveries that the driver should include with their assigned orders. The system displays a green flag over all unassigned orders the driver should include when they check-out for delivery. These added orders increase the efficiency of the driver’s route and decrease the time it takes an establishment to deliver all orders. To configure Delivery Optimization:
- Navigate to the Settings page of the Management Console.
- Check Advanced Point of Sale Settings.
- Scroll down the page to the Advanced Pos Settings / Delivery section of the Settings page. You can also type "Delivery optimization" in the settings search bar to display only relevant settings.
- Select the Delivery Optimization checkbox to enable delivery optimization.
- Enter the maximum time for deliveries to be scheduled from one address to another in the Max Time Between Addresses field.
- Enter the maximum wait time allowed between deliveries in the Max Wait for Next Order Time field.
A delivery area can be defined by using one of the following options:
- Delivery area by postal code - If enabled, type a comma-separated list of post codes below. The POS will check delivery addresses against the list of acceptable post codes. If the post code is not found, the system will warn the user that delivery cannot be made to this address. To configure a delivery area by postal code:
- Check the box to the right of Delivery Area by Post Codes.
- Enter the post codes. Use a comma between post codes. Do not enter a space after a comma.
Delivery area by geojson - A GeoJson string describing the delivery area. Can be generated using online tools such as http://geojson.io/. To configure a delivery area by GeoJson:
- Check the box to the right of Delivery Area by Geojson.
- On a Web browser go to http://geojson.io/ and enter the delivery area on the GeoJson map using the supplied tools.
- Copy the script located to the right of the map.
- Paste the script in the GeoJson field located in Delivery section
Note: Only polygon strings are supported. Revel does NOT support line strings. If more than one string are entered into Revel and/or line strings are drawn for the Delivery area, an error will occur when trying to enter in a customer's Delivery address.
To resolve this, remove all GeoJson data from Revel. Then generate a new delivery area using online tools such as http://geojson.io/. It MUST be a polygon or it will not work. Then enter the new polygon string into Revel and refresh the POS stations and Online Ordering menu (if applicable).
Roles and Permissions
The Delivery Management roles and permissions are automatically created when the Delivery options are configured. These help to control which employees get access to both the POS and the Management Console. Users can configure their own custom roles, but two roles are automatically created to perform all Delivery Management task:
- Driver — The Driver has permission to answer incoming calls, send messages, add extra items to an order, create and receive open orders. The driver also has till access and can use a virtual till. For more information see the "Shift Start" section.
- Driver Manager — The Driver Manager controls all aspects of the delivery process. They assign drivers to an order, adjust tips, check-in drivers, end a drivers shift, adjust mileage, and cash in/out for an employee.
- The Driver Manager can also approve a delivery to an address outside the approved delivery area. For more information see the "Delivery Area" section.
- Users can assign employee roles to access or deny access to both the POS and Management Console. To access and apply role permissions to roles, navigate to the Employees > Permissions > POS Role Permissions page.
- Delivery Driver - This role has limited access to the features of the Delivery Management system on the POS.
- Delivery Manager - Users with this token have full access to all functions of the Delivery Management system on the POS.
- Delivery Postmates Driver - Only applies to the Postmates Driver role; enables Postmates driver assignments in the delivery console.
- Delivery Settings - Users with this token have full access to adjust delivery settings in the POS delivery interface.
For configuring role permissions for the Management Console:
- Navigate to the Employees > Permission > Management Console Role Permissions page.
- Click on the "+ Add" to add a new permission set.
- On the left side of the screen select the areas of the Management Console that delivery employees are allowed access to. This can include specific reports or settings.
- Click Save when you have finished defining the set.
- Navigate back to the main Employees page.
- Select the employee you wish to apply the permission set to, by clicking on the icon for that employee.
- On the details page, scroll down to the Administrative Permissions section, and click on the Manage Establishment Access link.
- On the ensuing page, select the desired permission set from the Administrator Permissions drop down list.
- Click Save when finished.