Employees or managers can post tweets and photos directly from the Revel POS application. This can be used to alert Twitter followers of upcoming deals, announcement or more.
First enable Twitter on the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com):
- Log into the Revel Management Console.
- Navigate to the Settings tab and then click Clear Selections from the left side.
- Select Social Network/Marketing from the left sidebar.
- Check Twitter from the right side and input the Twitter URL:
Once Twitter is enabled for the application, it needs to be signed into the account. This will be done on the actual iPad itself, not the Revel application. Follow the steps below to sign into Twitter on the iPad, similar to logging into email:
- Go to the Home page of the iPad.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Select Twitter from the left side.
- Enter the Twitter Username and Password (do not need to hit Install):
- Once complete, tap Sign In. If inputted correctly, a prompt to install the application may appear, however skip it.
Once the Twitter account has been logged in, users can tweet directly from Revel. To do so:
- Log into the Revel application on the iPad.
- On the order screen, tap the Twitter icon at the top. If using Table Service license, open a table first:
- To attach a photo to the tweet, tap Pick Image. It may ask for permission to access the iPad photo album; hit allow if it does. Then, select the photo.
- To write, tap the Twitter button. Any photos attached will be shown here as well. Type in the tweet.
- When ready, tap Post to post your tweet to Twitter:
- Hit Done from the main menu when finished.