Employees or managers can post tweets and photos directly from the Revel POS application. This can be used to alert Twitter followers of upcoming deals, announcement or more.
*More Social Media integration to come such as Facebook & Yelp. For now, they are not available.
First enable Twitter on the Management Console
- Log into the Revel Management Console.
- Select Settings -> Switch to Advanced View.
- Select “Social Network/Marketing” tab on the left.
- Check on “Twitter” and input the Twitter URL.
Once Twitter is enabled for the application, it needs to be signed into the account. This will be done on actual iPad itself, not the Revel application. Follow the steps below to sign into Twitter on the iPad, similar to logging into email.
- Go to the Home Page of the iPad
- Select Settings icon
- Select Twitter on the left side
- Enter in the Twitter handle and password (do not need to hit Install)
- Once complete, hit Sign In. If inputted correctly, a prompt to install the application may appear, however skip it.
Once the Twitter has been logged in, users can tweet directly from Revel.
- Log into the Revel application.
- On the order screen, select the Twitter icon at the top. If using Table Service license, open a table first.
- To attach a photo to the tweet, select “Pick Image”. It may ask for permission to access the iPad photo album, hit allow if it does. Select the photo.
- To write, select “Twitter” button. Any photos attached will be shown here as well. Type in the tweet.
- When ready, hit “Post” to post it on Twitter.
- Hit Done at the main menu when finished.