Employees or managers can post tweets and photos directly from the Revel Point of Sale application. This can be used to alert Twitter followers of upcoming deals, announcements and more.
Enable Twitter on Revel
In order to use this function, it must first be activated. To do so, follow the steps below:
- From the Management Console [yoursubdomain.revelup.com], navigate to Settings.
- Click Clear Selections and search for Twitter:
- Input the Twitter URL.
- Save when finished.
- Refresh the Point of Sale.
Log in to Twitter Account on iPad
Once Twitter is enabled, it needs to be signed into the account. This will be done on the actual iPad itself, not the Revel application. Follow the steps below to sign into Twitter on the iPad, similar to logging into email:
- First install Twitter on your iPad here.
- Then, from your iPad home screen, go to Settings.
- Select Twitter from the left side.
- Enter the Twitter Username and Password (do not need to hit Install):
- Once complete, tap Sign In. If inputted correctly, a prompt to install the application may appear, however skip it.
How to Tweet from Revel Application
Once the Twitter account has been logged in, users can tweet directly from Revel. To do so:
- Log into the Revel application on the iPad.
- On the order screen, tap the Twitter icon at the top. If using Table Service license, open a table first:
- To attach a photo to the tweet, tap Pick Image. It may ask for permission to access the iPad photo album; hit allow if it does. Then, select the photo.
- To write, tap the Twitter button. Any photos attached will be shown here as well. Type in the tweet.
- When ready, tap Post to post your tweet to Twitter:
- Hit Done from the main menu when finished.