The Star Micro TSP 650 is an ethernet-to-router receipt printer that can print non-Roman characters. It sits next to your Point of Sale station and prints customer receipts.
If you haven't set up your printer yet, view full instructions here.
To troubleshoot the Star TSP 650 printer:
- Plug the ethernet cable into the back of the printer. Ensure the other end of the Ethernet cable is connected to the router or a switch leading to the router.
- Turn the printer on. A green light should be visible on the front of the printer.
- Turn the printer off.
- Press and hold the paper feed button while turning the printer back on. After turning the printer back on, a report will print out. Release the paper feed button as soon as this report begins to print.
- Two reports will print out. The second report will have a header along the lines of "Network Card..." and at the bottom of the paper there will be an IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway. The first report can be discarded.
- Launch a web browser on a computer or iPad connected to the same network as the printer(s). The fastest way to check if the printer is working is to connect it directly to computer via ethernet cable.
- Type the IP Address from the second report from the printer into the address bar. Press Enter. The Star Micronics Network Utility should load. If the page doesn't load, change the ethernet cable.
If the issue still persists, contact support for further troubleshooting.