Receiptless returns are treated and processed in the same fashion as exchanges on the POS. The interface for the receiptless returns process has been also been enhanced in release 2.19. As highlighted in the images below, the "Cash" and "Store Credit " options are now on the initial "Receiptless Return" pop-up window seen by the user.
By default, receiptless returns are disabled. It must be enabled on the Management Console. There are also additional settings.
- Log into the Management Console
- Select the “Settings” icon.
- Either display all Advanced Pos Settings, or type in "Receiptless Returns" in the search bar to show the settings.
- Check the “Enable Receiptless Return” box.
- Enabled any other settings you wish to have.
- Hit “Save” at the top of the screen
- Refresh all iPad POS stations
Manager only: Enabling this will only allow managerial role employees to use receiptless returns.
Tender: Select the tender that is returned back to customer, cash or store credit. When selecting “cash”, it will count as a “pay out” for your till. If selecting “store credit”, a new order will be opened with the amount of the return. So either the customer can add items for the amount or have it transferred into a gift card, make sure to have a gift card product created.
Suggest lowest sold price: If enabled, the system will use the lowest price at which the returned item was sold. If unchecked, the system will use the current item price as the returned price. The value entered in the "Number of Days to Check" field will determine the number of days the system will check to find the lowest return price.
Once receiptless return has been enabled, employees (or managers only if setting enabled) will have access to this feature. To perform a receiptless return:
- Log into the application
- Select the Settings button then select “Returns”
- Search and tap each product to return
- Select whether how much the return and tax amount
- Set the Qty to return if more than one
- Toggle whether item returns back to inventoryRepeat 3.A-3.C for all necessary products then select whether to return for cash or store credit once finished
After specifying a return type, the "Specify Reason for Return" window appears. Select a reason for the return in this window. Reasons can be preset or entered manually. This window features calculated Subtotal, Grand Total, and Discount fields. A customer may also be attached to the particular receiptless return. Tap "Next" when finished.
- Cash Return: It will prompt a window to hand customer the amount
- Store Credit: the POS will prompt a window to add items or gift card to the order. The store credit works as an “order discount” for the amount returned. Items returned for store credit appear at the top of the order ticket.
Receiptless Returns Report: Click here to learn more on the receiptless return report.
Store Credit: Shows as an “order discount” on reports.
Cash: Shows as “Pay Out” not a return on the sale summary report.