Receiptless returns are treated and processed in the same fashion as exchanges on the POS. The interface for the receiptless returns process has been also been enhanced in release 2.19. As highlighted in the images below, the "Cash" and "Store Credit " options are now on the initial "Receiptless Return" pop-up window seen by the user.
Enabling Receiptless Return
By default, receiptless returns are disabled and must activated and configured on the Management Console. To do so:
- From the Management Console [yourdomainname.revelup.com], navigate to Settings. Clear Selections and search for Receiptless Returns in the search box. Check the box on the left to display all available settings on the right.
- Make sure Enable Receiptless Returns is activated, along with any other settings you want to set, including:
- Manager only: Enabling this will only allow someone with Manager Access to use receiptless returns.
- Store Credit: If enabled, you will be able to add store credit, gift cards or other products to the return transaction. If you wish to offer card-present refunds or cash backs for receiptless returns, please enable that on the Payments page.
- Suggest lowest sold price: If enabled, the system will use the lowest price at which the returned item was sold. If unchecked, the system will use the current item price as the returned price. The value entered in the "Number of Days to Check" field will determine the number of days the system will check to find the lowest return price.
- Save when finished.
- Refresh all Point of Sale stations.
Using Receiptless Return on POS Platform
Once receiptless return has been enabled, employees (or managers only if setting enabled) will have access to this feature. To perform a receiptless return:
- From the Point of Sale Dashboard, tap Returns, then choose No Receipt:
- Enter the Product Name or Barcode in the search box or scroll through the product list and manually add products to return.
- Enter the Return $ if different than the sales price.
- Set the Qty to return if more than one item needs to be returned.
- Toggle whether item returns back to inventory:
- Repeat for all necessary products then select whether to return for cash or store credit once finished
- Next, input the Reason for the return, which can be a preset reason or one you manually type in for this particular return. This window features calculated Subtotal, Grand Total, and Discount fields. A customer may also be attached to the particular receiptless return. Tap Next when finished:
- You'll see the refunded amount in an order screen:
- Cash Return: It will prompt a window to hand customer the amount then add the following
- Store Credit: The Point of Sale will prompt a window to add items or gift card to the order. The store credit works as an “order discount” for the amount returned. Items returned for store credit appear at the top of the order ticket.
To see reporting information on Receiptless Returns take a look at Receiptless Return Report.
Note: Store Credit shows as an “order discount” on reports and Cash shows as “Pay Out” not a return on the sale summary report.