Idle animation allows a single photo or slide show to appear on the Revel application after a certain amount of inactivity. These idle animation sets can be set on kitchen display units, customer display units, or POS stations.
Creating & Assigning Idle Animation Set
There can be multiple idle animation sets assigned to specific stations so they don’t all need to show the same thing. For example, one customer display shows only candy while the other customer display shows only ice cream. Uploading multiple pictures into one idle animation set will rotate through the photos based on the interval setting.
Create the Idle Animation Set:
- Log into Revel Management Console
- Select the “Settings” icon
- Select “Idle Animation Sets”
- Type in a name and animation interval in seconds. Then select “+ Add” to create
Assign the Idle Animation Set
- Select the “Pencil” icon next to the idle animation
- Click the “Devices” box to select the Kitchen Displays and/or Customer Displays
- Click “Stations” box to select the POS stations
- Select “Browse” to upload photos from the computer. Repeat this step to upload additional photos for the photo slide
- Select “Save” at the top to complete
Make sure to refresh each station to receive the new change. Customer Displays will not need to be refreshed as it pulls the new configurations from the POS iPad.
Ideal image dimensions for both iPad & iPad Mini - 1024 x 728