Idle animation allows a single photo or slide show to appear on the Revel application after a certain amount of inactivity. These idle animation sets can be set on kitchen display units, customer display units, or POS stations.
Creating & Assigning Idle Animation Set
There can be multiple idle animation sets assigned to specific stations so they don’t all need to show the same thing. For example, one customer display shows only candy while the other customer display shows only ice cream. Uploading multiple pictures into one idle animation set will rotate through the photos based on the interval setting.
Create the Idle Animation Set:
- On the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com)m go to the Settings tab.
- Click Clear Selections and type idle animation set in the search bar.
- Check the box next to Idle Animation Sets so the settings appears on the right side of the screen.
- Click + Add an Idle Animation Set:
Create the Idle Animation Set
- Fill out the animation set Name and Animation Interval seconds.
- Upload or link a URL for the image you want to display.
- From the Devices drop-down menu select the CDS and/or KDS you want to assign the animation set to.
- From the Stations drop-down menu, select the Point of Sale stations you want to assign the animation set to.
- Click Save:
Make sure to refresh each station to receive the new change. Customer Displays will not need to be refreshed as it pulls the new configurations from the POS iPad.
Ideal image dimensions for both iPad & iPad Mini - 1024 x 728