Idle animation allows a single photo or slide show to appear on the Revel application after a certain amount of inactivity. These idle animation sets can be set on your KDS, CDS or POS units.
There can be multiple idle animation sets assigned to specific stations, so you can customize for each one, if you'd like. For example, one CDS might show only candy while the other CDS might show only ice cream. Uploading multiple pictures into one idle animation set will rotate through the photos based on the interval setting. To create the Idle Animation Set, use the steps below:
- On the Management Console [yoursubdomain].revelup.com], navigate to Settings.
- Clear Selections and type idle animation set in the search bar.
- Check the box next to Idle Animation Sets so the settings appears on the right side of the screen.
- Click + Add an Idle Animation Set:
- You'll then be prompted to enter the information for your Animation Set:
- Name: Create a name for the Idle Animation Set.
- Animation Interval: Input the number of seconds you want the set to use to cycle through your images.
- Image(s): Upload or link a URL for the image you want to display. Once an image is selected, you can further customize it by using the built in Tools and selecting an aspect ration. A preview of your image displays on the right. NOTE: Ideal image dimensions for both iPad & iPad Mini is 1024 x 728:
- Devices: Select the CDS and/or KDS where you want the set assigned
- Stations: Select the Point of Sale stations where you want the set assigned
- Active: Make sure this box is checked in order for it to work on your assigned devices and stations. If unchecked, it will not display.
- Make sure to Refresh each station to receive the new change. CDS and KDS devices will not need to be refreshed as it pulls the new configurations from the Point of Sale.