Revel allows items or entire orders to be reprinted to the kitchen, if necessary. When reprinted, the receipt will indicate that it is a reprint.
Activating the Manual Receipt Print Permission
In order to reprint to the kitchen, the person trying to reprint the receipt must have access to the Manual Receipt Print permission. If the employee requesting a reprint does not have this permission, an employee with this permission must enter their password when prompted. To enable this permission:
- In the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), navigate to Employees. Choose Permissions on the left and then select POS Role Permissions:
- Under POS Role Permissions, you'll see all permissions that can be activated on the Point of Sale. All the employee roles are listed across the top and permissions are alphabetically along the left. Scroll until you find Manual Receipt Print and check the box to activate for the appropriate roles:
- Scroll back to the top and Save.
Reprinting to the Kitchen
After activating the Manual Receipt Print function, anyone who logs in to the Point of Sale with this permission enabled will be able to manually reprint receipts. Also, any employee may request a kitchen reprint; however, an employee with this permission enabled must enter their password before the reprint is sent to the kitchen.
- On the Point of Sale, at the top of a New Order, locate the Orders icon. A screen will open and you can search by Order ID or Customer Name:
- Tap the icon and select Advanced Search. This lets you choose from search functions, such as Credit Card and Date Range:
- On the Advanced Search, you can search by:
- Order ID - If you have the customer's order ID, as printed on their initial receipt, you can search by it to reprint.
- Credit Card - If you have the customer's credit card number that they used for the initial order, you can search by this to find all associated orders. Then, you can select the order that needs reprinted.
- Date Range - Use this to narrow down search results by the date in question to better find the receipt, if Order ID or Credit Card numbers are unavailable.
- Serial Number - This will appear if you have turned on Support Serial Numbers in your Management Console under Settings > Inventory Settings > Support Serial Numbers.
- Loyalty Card Number - This will appear if you are using a loyalty rewards program:
- After locating the order, tap Reprint Item(s) or Send to Kitchen in the bottom menu:
- If you do not have the Manual Receipt Reprint permission, you will be prompted to enter the password for an employee with this permission:
- Select the items to reprint to the kitchen. Once you've selected the items to reprint, tap Reprint All Items:
- You can view a history of receipt reprints in the Action Log.