This article describes the steps that are necessary to configure a Revel establishment for SSMC payments and loyalty.
Setting Up Payments
You will need to contact Revel Support to setup your SSMC payments and configure your loyalty/rewards program.
Prior to reaching out, please be sure that you have the following information from SSMC readily available:
- Merchant ID - This ensures that all of the data that is exchanged between the Revel POS and the SSMC platform is not shared with other customers of the system.
- Location ID - The id of the SSMC venue that users are checking in to. This makes sure that you can see the correct checkins.
- Station ID - The id of the individual POS station.
- Token - The API access token that secures all of the communications between the POS and the SSMC platform.
- Service URL - The address on the Internet of the SSMC platform. If this has not been supplied to you, then it defaults to https://api.ssmctech.com/
NOTE: This information should be provided to you by SSMC; if you do not have this information, please let us know and we'll get it over to you.
Once payments are setup, your support rep can assist you with configuring your loyalty/rewards program. They will ask you some questions first so they can update your account and then you can decide how you want customers to accumulate and redeem points.
For more information on setting up loyalty/rewards and to learn about all the available functions, please review Creating a Loyalty Program.
Configure the POS Stations
After your payments and loyalty program are set up by a Revel Support agent, you will need to configure the Point of Sale stations. To do so:
- In the Management Console [yourdomainname.revelup.com], navigate to Establishment and select Stations.
- Select the station that you wish to enable for SSMC payments and loyalty and then enter the Station ID in the Manual Station ID field:
- Finally, click the Save icon.
Refresh your POS stations
To ensure that each of your POS stations has the correct information, please click on 'Push Changes' at the bottom of the column on the left hand side of the screen.
You also need to logout of the Revel POS on the iPad and tap 'Refresh' in the top right hand side to force a download of the updated settings.
If SSMC has been successfully configured, you will see 'App' as a payment option on the Revel POS.
If the PayPal icon is showing to the right of the Revel logo you will need to reconfigure the establishment in order for the Mobile Phone icon to show. To do so:
- Go to Settings on the top bar and select Payments in the left column
- First you must disable PayPal Payments on the back end
- Make sure “enable PayPal mobile“ is not checked. If it is enabled please uncheck
- Scroll to the bottom of the window and click “Save”
- Next refresh the POS and the PayPal logo will be gone and now an icon for “Mobile Phone will be present