If you've imported barcodes intended to have leading zeroes, you may notice that these leading zeroes do not appear in Revel. This is a limitation of Excel not allowing leading zeroes by default.
You can add leading zeroes to your barcodes by exporting your products and barcodes, adding the zeroes with text, and then re-importing the codes.
- From the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), navigate to Products.
- Click Import/Export and select Products from the dropdown menu:
- For Export Type, select Advanced. This displays additional fields to customize your export.
- In the Filter Items menu, select the products you want to edit in bulk. You may select categories, subcategories, product groups, product classes, barcode, or SKU.
- In the Export Contents menu, check the box next to Reset Barcode:
- From the Auto Field dropdown menu, select Neither:
- Click Export.
- Open this spreadsheet in Excel. In an empty column that has no heading, add a 0 into a field and change the field to Text. To do this, under Number click the dropdown box and select Text:
- Copy this field to all the rows below that need leading zeroes added to product barcodes:
- In the cell next to the zeroes, type =(select field with 0)&(select field with barcode):
- Then drag that value down to all the rows that need the leading zeroes added:
- Copy and paste these fields into the Reset Barcode field.
- Save this spreadsheet.
- In the Management Console, navigate back to Products.
- Click Import/Export and select Products from the dropdown menu.
- In the Import Products area, click Choose File. Select the file you want to import and click Import:
Note: After your import is complete, check your barcode numbers to make sure that this process was successful.