If you would like to be able to email receipts to your customers, you can easily do so by configuring email receipts in your Management Console.
- How to Configure Email Receipts on the Management Console
- How to Email Receipts on the Point of Sale
How to Configure Email Receipts in the Management Console
Before you can send email receipts from your Point of Sale, you must first configure your email address using SMTP. SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol. It is the internet standard for email and is used by the most common email providers.
The first thing you will need to know is the SMTP server address for your email provider, as defined below:
- Gmail: smtp.gmail.com
- Outlook (Hotmail): smtp-mail.outlook.com
- Yahoo: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- AOL: smtp.aol.com
- AT&T: mailhost.att.net
- iCloud: smtp.mail.me.com
To setup your email to send receipts, use the following:
- From your Management Console [yourdomainname.revelup.com], navigate to Settings. Clear Selections and search for Default Email Settings. Check the box on the left to display all available settings on the right:
- Fill out each field accordingly and save when finished. If you are uncertain what to add to each field, you may have to do a web search for your particular email provider to determine your SMTP hosts, ports, etc.
Now that you know the SMTP servers, you can set up your email. Let's go take a look at how to finish the setup:
- From your Management Console [yourdomainname.revelup.com], navigate to Settings. Click Clear Selections and search for Receipts. Check the box on the left to display all available settings on the right:
NOTE: There are a lot of Receipt Settings, which you'll want to configure if you haven't done so. For more info on this, please see Receipt Settings Overview.
- On the right, scroll down until you see the option for Subject line of emailed receipt; customize accordingly:
- Next, you'll see the option to activate Custom Email Domains. If activated, this makes it easier for your customers to input their email address; all they have to do is enter the first part of their address and then they can choose to complete it using the email domains you have created. These are customizable, so if your business is located near a university or large business and you receive frequent visitors, you can add those domains here:
- Scroll a little further down and you'll see an option for Email Receipt Logo, which allows you to add an image to appear on your email receipts. Upload your logo image here or input a URL address for where the image is hosted online. The ideal image size is 240x240:
- Optionally, you can choose an Email Template. The default option will use Revel's default email template. NOTE: Customizing email templates is a paid service; if you are interested in this, please contact your sales rep; otherwise, just choose Use Default from the drop-down:
- Next, decide if you want to Retrieve customer email from the cloud. If you choose no, you'll need the customer's email address. Or, you can choose Yes, and confirm email on iPad; this option will use the customer's credit card info and look in the cloud for a matching email address. Then, the customer just needs to confirm whether that's the correct email address:
- Next, a very important step is to make sure the option to Support emailing receipts is active with a blue checkbox. If this is not turned on, receipts CANNOT be emailed, despite any other setup options that you may have completed:
- Finally, you can customize the Email Receipt Color of the receipts you email. If you have the hex code, you can enter that here, or you can choose from the color selector:
- When finished, press Save.
- Be sure to Refresh each station in order to start sending email receipts to your customers.
How to Email Receipts on the Point of Sale
Once the Management Console is configured appropriately with the above steps, you can start to send email receipts from your Point of Sale station. To do so:
- If you haven't done so already, be sure to Refresh the station first.
- Then, an email icon will appear on the pay screen:
- Enter the customer's email address. Note the domain options that appear if you have activated Custom Email Domains in step 3 above:
- Once the email is sent, you'll see a confirmation on the screen:
And that's it! Now you can successfully send email receipts to your customers.