In order to protect bars, restaurant owners and convenience store owners that sell age-restricted products, Revel now has an Age Verification feature. This will help ensure that products that require age cannot be sold to under aged customers. The option is found under Advanced POS settings on the management console.
In order to make this option active on the iPad, follow the steps below:
- From the Management Console [yourdomainname.revelup.com], navigate to Settings. Clear Selections and search for Age. Under Advanced POS Settings, check the box for Customer Age Verification which will display all available age related settings on the right. Check the box to activate Customer Age Verification. If you would also like to input the customer's age on the Point of Sale, then you can also check the optional box for Capture Age. Save when finished:
- Next, you will need to select the individual products that need to have an age limit restriction, which is done on the products themselves. To do so, navigate to Products and expand your menu to find the product you want to edit. Click on the pencil icon on the far right for additional product details:
- On the Product Details, Clear Selections and search for Age and check the box for Customer Age Verification to display all available settings on the right. On the right, select the minimum Customer Age to purchase this product.
Additionally, if you would like a message to display on the Point of Sale each time this product is added to an order, you can use the default message that is in the system or add your own:
- Save when finished and be sure to Refresh the Point of Sale to push the changes through.
- Now, when an age restricted product is added to the order, if you have the Message Upon Adding enabled, you'll see a message similar to the one below:
- Once Confirm is selected you will need to enter the customer's Date of Birth; once this is entered, the item will be added to the order:
NOTE: Manager roles cannot override the age verification warning; if age verification is activated, the customer age must be entered into the system or the item cannot be added to an order, whether they are a manager or not.
Customer's ages will be recorded in the Order History report on the Management Console. For more info on this, please see our article Order History Report.