NOTE: Please do NOT perform this operation unless specifically advised to do so by a Revel Support Agent. Provisioning your iPad WILL DELETE ALL REVEL DATA PERMANENTLY.
To provision your iPad, you will need to have access to the log in credentials of your Management Console. If you are provisioning your iPad after going live, please make sure all your payments have been batched, before deleting and reprovisioning the application. If you did not purchase the iPad through Revel, you will need to provision your Revel POS Application.
Verify "Owner"/"Manager" Access
Before booting up the Revel app on your iPad, you'll need to log in to the Back-Office Management Console to verify that you have Owner or Manager permissions. These permissions are required to provision an iPad.
- Log in to your Management Console at [yoursubdomain].revelup.com and switch to the Employees tab.
- Find your name in the Employees list and click the pencil icon to open a detailed view.
- On the right side of the page, scroll down to the Administrative Permissions section. The username and password will be used to provision the iPad. You can reset the password on this page:
- Next select Manage Establishment Access:
- Under Administrator Permissions, verify that you have All Permissions (including Admin Permissions) selected:
Provisioning the Revel POS Application
If you have just downloaded the Revel POS application, a pop up window will appear when you click on the application. If you just see the keypad screen, enter the number 8, eight times, (88888888), then tap login.
- To provision your iPad, enter your Management Console URL ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), login, and password. Then tap Enter:
- Select the establishment where this iPad will be used and tap Next.
- You should now see a Downloading Configuration dialog. Wait for the download to finish, then enter your PIN to log in.
If you receive an error message, close the app and check your iPad's network connection:
If your iPad is connected to the network and you are receiving this message: "Sorry, there are no users for these credentials", please check your employee's login credentials found under the Management Console > Employees > Employee Details > Administrative Permissions: