Revel POS supports cash transactions in up to three currencies in addition to the default currency.
Enabling Multiple Currencies
- Log in to your Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com) and navigate to Settings.
- Click Clear Selections next to the menu on the left-hand side of the page:
- Type Currency Converter in the search bar:
- Check the box next to Currency Converter Settings:
- In the settings, check the box next to Enable Currency Conversion:
- After enabling currency conversion, add and configure each additional currency. The following options are available:
- Name - Currency name.
- Symbol - Currency symbol.
- Rate - Exchange rate between the new currency and the default currency. For example, if you are using euros as an additional currency and 1.12 euros equal 1 US dollar, enter 1.12 here.
- Bills - List of currency bill denominations, separated by commas.
- Coins - List of currency coin denominations, separated by commas.
Note: Exchange rates must be updated manually based on the desired exchange rate.
Accepting Payments in Other Currencies
- After completing an order in the POS, tap Pay:
- The currency is displayed on the right side of the screen, above the payment amount. Tap the currency to display all available currencies and switch between currencies:
- After selecting a new currency, the payment amount displays in both the selected currency and the default currency. If accepting the full payment in one currency, tap Cash to process this transaction:
- If accepting multiple currencies in a single transaction, enter the amount paid in the first currency, then tap Cash. Switch currencies and repeat this step until the full amount is paid.
- After accepting the full amount, tap Done.