This guide goes over how to plug in and set up the VX805 for use. The Verifone VX805 comes pre-configured to be ready for use.
- 1x Ethernet Cable
- 1x Small Screwdriver
- 1x Verifone VX805
- 1x Power adapter
- 1x Verifone Cable
How to Setup
- Unscrew the back plate of the VX805 with a small screw
- Attach the end of the Verifone cable into the appropriate slot:
- Plug in the Ethernet cable into the “Eth” slot. Plug the power cable into “Lightening Bolt” slot:
- Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable to the switch or router
- Plug the power into outlet or surge protector
- During boot-up, the device should show the IP address of the terminal. Cross check the IP address vs the one printed on the sticker of the station.
- If the device is stuck on a Mode prompt (it shouldn't do this if it's properly configured) but if it DOES pop up, you must select XP1.
- Pairing: The device will need to be paired to a specific POS station.
A test transaction SHOULD be performed with the client. While completing this test transaction and after pressing Pay > then press Credit > the Revel POS will request a series of numbers be entered on the VX805 terminal and the VX805 should read "Enter Code". This is where pairing takes place between the POS and card swipe.
The POS will say "Please enter XXXX on the PinPad" and the VX805 will show "Enter Code" rather than the regular "Welcome" Message. The client will have to type in the code as indicated by the POS on the VX805 and press the enter/green button to confirm. After that, the message on the POS will go away and continue with the transaction.
- If it does not do any of these things, troubleshooting has to be done either by Verifone Support or Revel T2.
**Please note: If client is using Heartland as a Payment Processor, they will not be able to use Debit functionality with this swipe.