Administrator Permissions are necessary for any employee that'll be accessing the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com). This could be your owners, managers, accountants and any other employees responsible for inputting or viewing data in the Management Console. Setting up Administrator Permissions is a 2-step process. First, you'll create the Administrator Permission Sets and then you'll assign those sets to specific employees.
Creating an Administrator Permission Set
Your Management Console will have some default administrator permissions sets. You can use the included sets or create brand new ones that include specific permissions. The All Permissions set is generally assigned to owners and managers. This will grant the user access to view and edit every tab in the Management Console. To create a new Administrator Set:
- In the Management Console, click the Employees tab and then click Permissions from the left. In the Permissions page, click the Management Console Permissions button.
- Click the + Add button and then Add New Administrator Permission Set from the drop-down:
- In the Permission Set Name field, enter the name of your set. Click Save in the top right corner:
- Next, from the left side menu, check all Management Console tabs this set will grant permission. From the right side, you can grant the amount of access and specific function the set grants permission. The book icon grants read only permission, the pencil icon grants editing permission, and the plus icon grants permission to add new data. The key icon is only used for EMS access. If there is a specific field that you want to prohibit access to in the set, make sure the no icon is highlighted for that area. For instance, you may want to prohibit access to wage details or other sensitive information.
- Once you have selected all applicable permissions, click the Save button to save your changes:
Assigning Administrator Permission Sets
After you have created your permission sets, the next step is to assign them to specific employees. To assign a permission set to an employee:
- In the Management Console, click the Employees tab.
- Next, locate a specific employee and click the pencil icon to the far right of the employee's name:
- From the left side of the screen, uncheck the Employee Info and Roles & Wages boxes so the only visible fields on the right side are those in the Administrative Permissions section.
- To set your employee up with administrator permissions, start by creating a username for the employee. This is the username they'll use to login to the Revel URL. The username needs to be unique for each employee. Please note, the username is case sensitive, so if it contains a capital letter, it must be entered like that at every login.
- Next, enter the employee's email address.
- Check the EMS Access box if you have multiple establishments and would like the employee to have EMS management capabilities.
- Enter the password for the employee. This is the password they'll enter every time they log into the Management Console.
- When you have filled out all fields, click Save.
- After you click Save, the screen will take you back to the main Employees page. From here, click the action icon for the employee.
- From the left side, uncheck Employee Info and Roles & Wages so the only section displaying on the right side is Administrator Permissions.
- Next, click the blue Manage Establishment Access link in the top right corner.
- On this screen, click the Administrator Permissions drop-down box. Select the correct set for the employee. The Update Access box will automatically check when a set is added or changed:
- Finally, click Save. Once the changes are complete, you'll see a Saved Successfully! notification appear in a green bar.