The Declare Tips feature allows employees to declare cash tips, as credit tips would appear on the backend when the credit cards are captured. Once the tips have been divided between employees, they can then declare the tips individually which will record on the backend for tax purposes. The employee must declare tips for data to populate in the declared tips section.
- Enabling Declared Tips
- Declaring Tips on the Point of Sale
- Viewing Declared Tips on the Management Console
Enabling Declared Tips
Before you can start using declared tips, you must first enable this feature in the Management Console: first, by enabling the declared tips POS permission, and then enabling the declared tips setting.
The declared tips permission lets you display the declare tips prompt only to specific employee roles. To enable the declared tips permission:
- In the Management Console, navigate to Employees.
- Click Permissions and then click POS Role Permissions:
- Find the Declare Tips permission in the table. Enable the permission for all roles who should access the feature on the POS:
- Click Save in the top right corner.
After setting up the permission, be sure to enable the declared tips setting. To do this:
- In the Management Console, navigate to Settings.
- Click Clear Selections.
- Enter Declare Tips in the search box:
- In the list of settings, check the box next to Declare Tips.
- On the right side of the settings area, check the box next to Declare Tips:
- Click Save.
Declaring Tips on the Point of Sale
Your employee will need to declare their tips after every shift.
To declare tips during a shift:
- From the Point of Sale dashboard, tap Declared Tips:
- Enter the amount of cash tips to declare:
- Tap Add.
To declare tips after a shift:
- Tap Clock Out.
- Enter the amount of cash tips to declare. If you declared tips during your shift, enter only the tips you have not declared:
- Tap Submit.
Viewing Declared Tips on the Management Console
- Navigate to Reports > Sales Summary Report.
- The declared tips display on the right side of the report in the Tips section:
- To view a specific employee's declared tips, select the employee from the filters menu: