Revel's integration with QuickBooks Online (QBO) now features Product Class mapping that associates Revel Classes with income and purchase accounts in QuickBooks.
This guide will show you how to set up the Product Class integration, available in v2.13 and later.
Revel now integrates Product Classes with QuickBooks Online. While this is still a summary-level integration (Revel cannot send individual product sales to QuickBooks), it is more intuitive and syncs more granular information than before.
Before you set up Product Classes in QuickBooks, you'll need to:
- Complete the main Revel–QuickBooks Online integration, if you haven't already done so. Integration instructions
- Set up Product Classes in the Revel Management Console, and make sure Products are assigned to them. Product Class guide
Setup in Revel Management Console
After you integrate QuickBooks Online and create Product Classes, you're ready to enable the Product Class integration in the Revel Management Console. Here's how:
- Log in to the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com) and navigate to Settings > QuickBooks > Set Up QuickBooks Online Integration.
- Once you're there, check the Sales module box and pick Summary Plus from the drop-down:
The integration setup continues in QuickBooks.
Setup in QuickBooks
Next, you'll need to set up the integration from the QuickBooks side:
- Log in to QuickBooks Online and click the gear icon at the top-right corner of the screen:
- Click Products and Services:
- Click Edit to the right of the product/service name:
- Use the Income Account drop-down to associate the Product Class with an income account:
- If necessary, you can also use the Expense Account drop-down to associate the Product Class with an expense account.
- Click Save and Close to finish up.
Using the Integration
After you're all set up, the sale of any Product assigned to a Revel Product Class will sync to QuickBooks Online the following day. Each Product Class will be a separate line item in QuickBooks:
Note that you can verify this new, correct mapping via the Revel Management Console (Reports > Product Mix):
You can also see the mapping reflected in your QuickBooks Account Quick Report and Sales by Product/Service Detail.