A product is an item which is sold at the point of sale. Products exist within the last level of the Category, Subcategory, Product hierarchy. Products have a wide variety of parameters that can be customized into the best solution for your business. Categories and subcategories are used to visually organize a product list on the management console and on the POS.
- To add a new product, you will begin in the Products tab in the Management Console.
- Before creating a product, you will first have to create a category and subcategory. Once again, a Category is a high level of organization. Many businesses use their department as a category. A Subcategory is a deeper level of categorization. For example, if your category was Clothing, your subcategory might be Sweaters, Tops, Pants... To add a category and subcategory name, click Add Category then Add Subcategory .
- After you added your Category and Subcategory, click Add Product and type in your item name.
- Then click the Save icon on the upper left corner.
- You can create multiple Subcategories and Products to fall under a singular Category. You also have the option to create multiple categories for you business as well.