Revel gives you the ability to make and manage Safe Drops from cash tills on the Point of Sale.
Safe Drops on the Point of Sale
To perform a safe drop:
- On the POS, tap the gear icon in the top left corner to open the Settings menu.
- From the drop down, tap Tills:
- In the Till Management window, tap Safe Drop from the right side:
- In the Amount of Safe Drop Field, enter the amount you are transferring from the cash drawer to the safe.
- Tap the Print Safe Drop button to print a copy of the safe drop.
- Tap Submit to finalize the safe drop:
- Tap Dismiss to close the Till Management screen.
Cash Office Report Actions
Owners can view the Cash Office Report to see all Safe Drops activity. To view the Cash Office Report:
- In the Mangement Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to Reports>Other Reports> Cash Office.
- Click the pencil icon to the far right of any safe drop entry:
- A new window will appear that allows you to count the safe drop and complete the deposit to the safe. Fill out the Confirm Amount field and click Save:
- If there is no variance from the amount entered on the POS and the actual amount in the safe, you will see a grey check mark next to the safe drop entry:
- If there is a variance from the amount entered on the POS and the actual amount in the safe, whether there was too much in the safe or too little, you will see a red X next to the safe drop entry:
- When you are ready to deposit the funds in the safe to the bank, click the blue Create Bank Deposit/ Safe Count text in the top right corner of the report. A new window will appear titled Safe Count. Here, you will see the Expected Amount $ in the safe, which the system will automatically generate based on your safe drop activity on the POS. You can enter the Amount in Safe $, Amount to Deposit to Bank $, and Deposit/ Envelope Number. Click Save to confirm your entries:
Cash Office Report Filters
You can use filters to generate various views of your Cash Office Report. The filters are:
- Type: The first drop-down in the right side of the header allows you to choose what type of report to view. You can select Safe Drop, Bank Deposit, Safe Count, Safe Drop, Bank Deposit, or Safe Count.
- Date: The second drop-down in the right side of the header allows you to choose the date range. You can select Today, Yesterday, This Week, This Month, Last Week, Last Month, or create a Custom Range.