Note: this article refers in part to features in our latest software version, which you may not be using yet. Not to worry, though—your Management Console will automatically upgrade to the newest version over the next few weeks.
Want a sneak peek at the new version? Sign up for our beta program today!
If you have multiple establishments with Revel, you can easily transfer inventory between establishments to ensure you have the most updated inventory quantities available.
- Transferring Inventory
- Receiving Transfered Inventory
- Allow Partial Receipt of Transfers
- Allow Cost Adjustment During Transfers
- Allow Transfers to Only Stores Within Establishment Groups
Before you’re able to transfer inventory between establishments, the products or ingredients you want to transfer must be created in all establishments, otherwise they are ineligible for transfer. This means the product name, barcode or SKU, and all other product details must match. To perform a transfer:
- On the Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com), go to the Inventory tab of the establishment from which you’re transferring inventory.
- Click the Transfer tab and then click New Transfer:
- Type in a product's Name, Barcode, SKU, or BIN in the search box. Select the product to be transfered.
- Next, select the destination establishment, which is the establishment the inventory is being sent to.
- Enter the Quantity to be transferred. Click Add to add the product to the transfer list:
- Add all items that need to be transferred and enter their transfer quantities.
- When all items have been added to your outgoing transfer, click Save.
- The Outgoing Store Transfer screen provides info about the selected sending and receiving stores. This page also shows a review of the items being transferred and allows you to make any last minute adjustments. Once you click Finalize, the transfer cannot be edited. Click Yes from the Finalize Transfer window to confirm:
- Next, click Sent. This will send the items from the source establishment to the destination establishment and adjust the inventory. The status of the transfer will be updated to Sent on the Transfer List page.
Receiving Transferred Inventory
To receive the transferred inventory:
- Navigate to the receiving establishment. Click the Inventory tab and then the Transfer tab.
- If there is a transfer ready to receive, the Inbound Store Transfer will automatically appear.
- Click the green Receive Items button:
- Enter the amount you received under the Receiving QTY field and fill out the Transfer Receipt # if applicable. Then, click Receive Items. Your inventory quantity will update by the quantity received:
Allow Partial Receipt of Transfers
You can decide whether your establishment will allow partial receipt of transfers or not. To do so:
- Go to Settings on your Management Console
- Click Clear Selections and type Enable Partial Receipt or Transfers in the search box. Click the box next to Enable Partial Receipt or Transfers so the settings appear.
- Disabling this setting means your location will only accept full receipts of transfers.
- Click Save:
Allow Cost Adjustment During Transfers
Your employees can change the cost of items during store to store transfers. To enable this:
- Go to Settings Search Allow users to adjust cost during transfers Enable this setting > Save:
2. If enabled, the receiving store will be allowed to adjust cost upon receiving the transfer:
Allow Transfers to Only Stores Within Establishment Groups
By allowing transfers to only stores within Establishment Group,
- Go to Settings on your Management Console.
- Click Clear Selections.
- Type Allow transfers to only stores within your establishment group in the search box.
- Check the box next to Allow Transfers to Only Stores Within Establishment Groupso the setting appears.
- Enabling this setting means your location will only be able to send and receive inventory transfers to/ from other establishments within its establishment group
- Click Save:
If you’d like to, set up or change your establishment groups or learn more, take a look at our Establishment Hierarchy Tree guide.