This guide will show you how to manually integrate the Revel system with QuickBooks Online.
Note: Inventory costs will push (create journal entries) from Revel to QBO in initial sync so please disable this if it is not wanted in QBO. This could cause an inflated General Ledger.
A few points to note before starting the integration;
Vendors and Inventory;
- Only COGS (Cost of Goods) and Inventory Asset information to QBO (since products sales are through Revel).
- Please enter and manage inventory Quantity on Hand in Revel Systems. It is important to note that QBO will report changes to inventory through a Bill showing costs of products and ingredients.
- Vendors should be created in Revel or QBO only for initial sync to avoid duplication. These can be synced over in initial sync.
- Vendors will be mapped between QBO and Revel by their name. There may appear to be duplicate Vendors in QBO due to unusual name mismatch. For example a mismatch name will look like "VendorName_###."
- IMPORTANT - Do not delete or merge vendors that have synced from Revel to QB. This may have implications on syncing reliability.
Vendors that are in QBO already will sync in the initial sync from QBO to Revel. After initial sync, please create Vendors in Revel and they will push to QBO the following day.
For more information - Vendors and Purchase Orders.
Employees and Payroll
Employees should be setup in QBO or Revel only. Do not enter them in both systems as they will duplicate. If employees are already set up in Revel and the client wants to use the Payroll functionality in QBO;
- Deactivate the Employees in Revel before starting the integration setup.
- Before integrating, enter employees into QBO.
- After the sync occurs, add roles and wages to the newly added employees in the Revel Management Console.
If the client does not want use QBO Payroll, then keep Employees as they are.
For more information - Employees and Payroll
If CRM has not yet been created in Revel, please create customers in Revel as they will not import from QBO. These can be imported and exported via excel spreadsheet.
2.16 Release Only -
- Customers will be imported from QBO to Revel.
- Only Existing mapped customers will be updated from Revel to QBO.
2.13 Release and prior -
CRM will then need to be managed from Revel and information and changes will not be updated in QBO automatically.
For more information - Customer Management
Here are links to overviews in other aspects of setting up the integration:
Setup in Revel Management Console
To integrate Revel Systems and QuickBooks Online, customers must have a subscription already purchased for both systems.
Please login to Revel URL and go to Settings > QuickBooks > Setup QuickBooks Online Integration.
If you see an error displaying “This establishment does not have access to this feature. To activate, please contact support or your sales representative.”, please contact Revel Support for assistance in activating the feature.
Once this is activated or if the error message does not appear, go to Revel URL > Settings > QuickBooks > check “I want to integrate with Quickbooks Accounts QuickBooks Online".
Please make sure to uncheck “I want to integrate with QuickBooks Payments” then click on Connect to Quickbooks if you are not going to be using Intuit Payments.
If you are using Intuit payments as well as QuickBooks Online, please keep both fields selected.
The Revel System will then prompt the customer to enter QBO login credentials.
Please enter them and select Sign In.
Revel will then prompt customers to authorize their account.
This is authorizing the two systems to integrate so to continue with the integration, please click Authorize.
In the Revel Management Console select Settings > QuickBooks > Setup QuickBooks Online Integration.
Clients should make sure that Location Tracking is enabled in QuickBooks. To enable this, please see Location Tracking.
Clients should also make sure that taxes are set up in QuickBooks. To enable this, please see Creating Tax.
Once Location Tracking and Tax have been set up, please return to Revel Management Console and go to Settings > Quickbooks Settings > Online Integration, and set up the Integration.
Check Sales, select Summary or Summary plus (in the drop down menu) and select the modules that are appropriate.
Select Basic and click Activate.
By clicking Advanced, the completed mapping of the integration should appear as shown below integrating the Revel and QuickBooks accounts. No sections should appear blank or say To be completed in QBO.
QuickBooks Online integration is now set up. Data will be sent daily from Revel to QuickBooks which can be seen the following day. The time of this sync can be found under Revel URL > Settings > Reports > Day Start Time. It is recommended to leave this at the 3am default time or if changes are needed, change to a time where the least amount of sales come through daily.
Please note: that all data generated on the days previously before setting up will not be sent over to QuickBooks.
Please follow this guide to manually entering past data - Manually entering past data.
Important: It is recommended to check your QuickBooks Account regularly to ensure payments and sales are able to be reconciled correctly.