With DYMO label printers, this is easy and fast to do; these instructions will walk you through the barcode/price tag printing setup with DYMO.
Revel recommends the DYMO LabelWriter 450 (Turbo) for barcode printing due to default print quality (for easy scanning), speed, and the ability to enhance print quality above the default if desired. You can also use the DYMO LabelWriter 450. Keep in mind this printer is slightly slower, but still produces for great results.
You should have received a CD containing the software with your Dymo LableWriter 450 (Turbo). Please download that software to the desired computer. If you do not have access to the disk, you can also download the software here.
Price Tag/Barcode Printing Setup
Before testing your label printer, you will first need to set up your label sizing on the Management Console.
- To get started, log in to your Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com) and navigate to the Settings tab. From the settings list, search for Price Tag Print.
- Set the Width and Height of your Dymo labels. Keep in mind that Pricing Labels will print the price bigger, and barcode smaller. Whereas Stock Labels will print the barcode bigger and price smaller.
- Then click Save.
Currently, jewelry settings available but not yet supported in print options.
As mentioned, the settings in the image above were tested and verified using the DYMO LabelWriter 450 (Turbo), connected directly to a laptop via USB, using any of the below Revel-supported barcode formats:
Testing the Setup
It's always a good idea to test your setup before going live.
- To do so, head to the Inventory tab, check the box for Show All Actions.
- Then click the Printer icon that corresponds to your product.
- Select the label type and number of labels, then click Print.
- This will download a PDF file to your computer. Open the PDF document and print, using the following options: