Based on feedback regarding house accounts and QuickBooks integration, Revel has begun a substantial overhaul of this valuable functionality.
In the 2.19 release, Revel has drastically improved the user's ability to manage, track, report and take payment on customers’ commerical accounts. The intent is to provide robust commercial account functionality within Revel while continuing to advance the commercial account integration with QuickBooks’ accounts receivable features.
In future releases, users can look forward to individual QuickBooks customer commercial account balances to be integrated. Until then, Revel will continue posting all unpaid balances to a single asset account in QuickBooks and it is recommended that users continue to manage their house accounts within Revel.
Revel has drastically revamped the Commercial Account functionality. For users with existing Commercial Accounts, any unpaid Commercial Account charges will now carry over and become the beginning balance (amount owed). Commercial Accounts functionality has been made a real ledger, manageable through Revel. Users can now take Commercail Account payments using the Revel POS and manage them in the Revel Management Console.
For customers using QuickBooks in conjunction with Revel POS, please note: commercial accounts are handled in QuickBooks through the 'House accounts' in the Chart of accounts. While Commercial Account charges can be viewed in QuickBooks, they cannot be managed through QuickBooks.
Making a payment using a Commercial Account
The following setting must be enabled for Commercail Accounts:
- Commercial Account functionality is enabled on the Settings > Payments > House Accounts > House Accounts Enabled page in the Management Console. Clicking "Enable by Default" will automatically link a commercial account to new customers by default.
Pay using a Commerical Account by doing the following:
- Log in to the Revel iPad POS.
- Tap "+New Order".
- Select an order type by tapping one of the options listed.
- Tap "Customers" near the upper left corner of the screen.
- For an existing customer, select the customer name from the customer list or by keying in the customer's name using the search bar in the upper right corner of the screen.
- For a new customer, tap "New Customer".
- Once a customer profile has been created, a House Account button will appear in the lower left corner of the window.
- Tap "Add to Order" in the lower right corner of the window.
- The order screen will open. Create an order for the customer and tap "Pay".
- Tap "Credit +" near the bottom right-hand side of the payment screen and the "Select a Payment Method" window will open. From the payment method list, tap "HOUSE ACCOUNT" and "OK".
- Tap "Done" to complete the transaction.
Making a Payment Against a Commercial Account
Make a Commercial Account payment by doing the following:
- Tap "Customers" near the upper right corner of the screen.
- From the customer list, tap the name of a customer or search for the customer by keying in the customer's name using the search bar in the upper right corner of the window.
- Tap "Edit Info" and the "Edit Customer" window will open.
- Tap the "House Account" button near the bottom left-hand side of the window and the "Unpaid House Account Order" screen will open.
- Using the pin pad on the right-hand side of the screen, key in a payment amount and select a payment method.
- Tap "Done" to complete the payment.
NOTE: Payment will be applied to the oldest (chronological) order.
Viewing Commerical Account Payment History
View Commerical Account payment history by doing the following:
- Tap "Customers".
- From the customer list, tap the customer or search for the customer by keying in the customer's name using the search bar in the upper right corner of the window.
- Tap "Display History" and the "Show customer History" window will open.
- Tap "Display House Account Payments" and the "House Account Payment History" window will open.
- Observe the commerical account payment history.
Commerical Account Summary Report
The "House Accounts (HA)" report has been changed to the "House Account Summary" report, and as before, can be found on the Reports > Other Reports page in the Management Console. In future releases, this name will be changed to "Commerical Account Summary' report. The House Account Summary report will provide a detailed summary of all related activities, including commerical account payments, charges, adjustments, and the opening and closing balance of a customer. A Commercial Account balance is considered liability. Payments against a commercial account balance can be found on both the "Sales Summary" and "Operations" reports in the Management Console. Using the "Actions" tabs on the right-side of the House Account Summary Report will do the following:
- Show or hide orders, payments, and or adjustments
- Pencil icon: Adjusts Customer Commerical Account Balance (manually increase/decrease)
- Payment icon: Makes a Commerical Account Payment
- Mail icon: Emails Commercial Account Statement
- Export icon: Exports the report as a CSV, PDF, or XLS file
- "Order Payment" is the total amount for the order; "HA payment" is what was charged on the house account. House Account payments CANNOT be made in offline mode.