Revel version 2.19 introduces support for native QuickBooks classes. This article illustrates the native class setup flow.
- A QBO+ subscription (lesser versions do not support classes, and QuickBooks Desktop classes are not supported at this time). Click here to learn how to check which QBO version you're using.
- Revel version 2.19 or above
Setup in QuickBooks Online
- In QuickBooks Online, click the gear icon in the top-right corner.
- After that, click Account and Settings:
- In the bottom-left corner, click Advanced.
- Under Advanced, click Categories, then click the pencil icon on the far right. After that, you'll see additional options:
- Configure the settings there as shown in the image above. (Note that Track Locations is not required, but may be used if you'll be tracking multiple establishments in Revel.)
- Finally, you must customize QBO reports to show the native classes. Please see the video below for directions about how to do so:
Setup in the Revel Management Console
After the above has been completed in QuickBooks, please navigate to your Revel Management Console ([yoursubdomain].revelup.com) and:
- Click Settings in the dark gray header bar.
- Click Classic View if the option is available.
- In the left-side navigation menu, click QuickBooks.
- Click QuickBooks Online Integration.
- Check the Class Tracking box and save your changes to finish the setup:
Using the Native Class Integration
After setup, reports in QuickBooks can be viewed by class.
Each item's class can be seen in a new column:
After Native Classes are enabled, the classes can also be seen as column titles in a P&L: